What can I do after learning to spark
In The Two Towers, why was Éomer so hostile to Aragorn, Legolas, and especially Gimli when they first met?
There are two basic answers, both different but true.
1) As Eomer makes clear in the book and in the film, times are strange and it is difficult to know who to trust, especially in the face of Saruman's betrayal. Here are three people entering the country. It was not a situation (in Eomer's judgment) that required courtesy. Instead, he wanted answers.
2) A more overarching answer is that a major theme of LOTR is that confronting and fighting real evil requires solidarity. No one, no race, or country can do this alone. This can be seen when all races / persons present in the council report something about the ring in Rivendell. The amazing thing here is that a person from the "lowest" of all races, the hobbits, is willing to risk it all and wear the ring to Mordor. It is Frodo's sacrifice that gives rise to a "community" made up of all races: hobbits, elves, humans, dwarves, and even a wizard (which Tolkien readers know is truly a heavenly representative).
So there are instances of "racism" or "abuse" (to listen to the OP) to remind readers that races are fragmented in the narrative world of LOTR, and this lack of unity is a major threat to their chances of overcoming evil.
Although this concept is ubiquitous in LOTR, I think it is a good example when Frodo escapes Boromir and lands in the seat of sight. When this happens he can see miles and miles around Middle-earth, and he sees every region fighting the armies of evil in what basically seems like a lost cause. Middle-earth is divided and thus falls.
- Why is America suddenly turning against Israel?
- What are columns in Excel
- Why is Magaluf so popular
- What determines and distinguishes mental health from insanity
- Why is Quora deteriorating
- Can your Venmo be hacked?
- Why did the class society begin
- How do Ubuntu and Zorin OS work
- Is Forex Halal for Muslims
- How useful is PRINCE2
- Are people naturally inclined to write poetry
- How can I reduce my monthly expenses
- Is cetostearyl alcohol halal
- Do you have corn chips
- Are there known AWS EC2 resellers
- What are the admission criteria for IISER
- Should Black Widow have her own movie
- Is web scraping part of data mining?
- What is the MANIFEST MF file in Java
- Who would win Meliodas or Incursio Tatsumi?
- What is the history of computer science
- What war in Islam made pork banned
- Is a coupon for unearned income
- What screams I'm in special education