Can you try another fight?
Why were there no consequences for the defeated party after this attempt at combat?
In fact, KutuluMike is wrong when he says that Lady Webber was the accuser and Ser Eustace was the accused.
There were two main conflicts there:
- Ser Bennis’s attack on Lady Webber’s pawns.
- Burning Osgrey Woods, allegedly by Webber Gunmen.
There was also another conflict that basically sparked the two conflicts above, but which was marginalized due to more immediate events:
- Construction of a dam on Chequey Water by the Webbers
The first argument
Ser Duncan solved the first problem by taking responsibility for Ser Benni's misdemeanor and inflicting the same injury to himself as Ser Benni's Lady Webber's farmer, which settled that score.
The widow's eyes widened at the sight of bare steel. "What do you do?" She said. “Have you lost your mind? There are a dozen crossbows trained on you. "
" You wanted blood for blood . "He put the dagger against his cheek." They told you wrong.It wasn't Bennis who cut this backhoe, it was me . “He pressed the edge of the steel into his face and cut it down.
As he shook the blood from the blade, some splashed on her face. More freckles, he thought. " There the Red Widow has it due.One cheek for one cheek. ”
"You are pretty crazy." The smoke had filled her eyes with tears. "If you were born better, I would marry you."
The sworn sword
The second argument
Duncan then asked Lady Rohanne to hand over the men who burned Ser Eustace's forest. Lady Webber had no intention of admitting that she was behind the burning of the forest, and even if anyone among her men did, she would not turn him over. Instead, she asked Ser Eustace to withdraw his allegation that she had burned his forest:
"Give me the men who burned the wood."
“Nobody burned the wood,” she said, “but if a man of mine had done that, it should have been to please me. How could I give you a man like that? "She looked back at her escort." It would be best if Ser Eustace just retracted his accusation ."
The sworn sword
At that point, Duncan made it clear to her that something like this was not going to happen. Lady Webber then chose to defend herself in a martial law suit in case Ser Eustace refused to apologize to him for his heinous accusation, thereby making her the accused and Ser Eustace the accuser.
“In this case I have to assert my innocence in front of gods and men. Tell Ser Eustace I want an apology. . . or an exam. The choice is his. “She turned her horse to ride back to her men.
The sworn sword
Later, of course, we know that Duncan wins and Ser Lucas loses. The consequences of the event are listed below:
“Ser Eustace asked the boy to visit him at the wedding feast. Nobody else was on his side. It would have been rude for him to refuse. "
"Wedding party?" Dunk didn't understand.
“Of course you wouldn't know. Coldmoat and Standfast were reconciled after their fight . Lady Rohanne asked old Ser Eustace's permission to cross his country and visit Addam's grave, and he granted her that right. She knelt before the blackberries and began to cry, and he was so moved that he went to comfort her.They spent all night talking about young Addam and my lady's noble father .
Lord Wyman and Ser Eustace were quick friends until the Blackfyre Rebellion. His lordship and my wife were this morning married by our good Septon Sefton. Eustace Osgrey is the Lord of Coldmoat , and his cheeky lion flies next to the Webber spider on every tower and wall. "
The sworn sword
As we can see, Ser Eustace and Lady Rohanne shared an intimate moment, remembering the loved ones they shared and lost, namely Eustace's son Addam and Lady Rohanne's father, Lord Wyman.
The fact that they wanted to be reconciled implies that Ser Eustace forgave Lady Webber for burning his forests, thereby giving up the right to exact punishment. They even went beyond mere reconciliation and tied their homes together. In this way they also resolved their original dispute over the dam.
So it wasn't a fight attempt that had no consequences. It was an attempt at struggle that ended in reconciliation, which is a great consequence.
- What are angiosperms What are some types
- When will Ripple XRP reach 18
- Does levitation really exist
- Conventional warfare dies
- How is internet speed controlled
- How do you define a good state
- Are crypto currency markets immune to hacks
- How is the Diggin Cafe in Chankayapuri
- How do you drive long distances
- How is the experience of perfectionism
- What is a pulmonary nodule
- Should contain the Java collection framework Multimap
- What is the reputation of CityU
- AIIMS offers free WiFi in hostels
- Donald Trump is a loving father
- What to do if I get BANKRUPT
- How do circuit boards work
- What's your ultra sad but resolute song
- How can Bitcoin prevent government bailouts
- How do you know your mind exists
- Where does milk come from
- Clicked this picture on an iPhone
- What does gastroenterology cover
- How can I compare different trade agreements