Get weekends free for students at Hogwarts
The Hogwarts uniform is mandatory clothing for students attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; the uniform must be worn in all lessons, during meals in the Great Hall and when studying in your free time in the study hall, in the common room or in the library. The uniform is in the laundry, which is somewhere in Hogwarts Castle and is believed to be run by house-elves.
The uniform consists of simple black work clothes and a black pointed hat. The hat is rarely worn. There are no markings, colors or coats of arms to distinguish the houses; Students wear their own socks and shoes and do not wear any clothing under their robes other than their underwear. During the cold season, an additional winter cape with silver fastenings and name tags must be worn.
- In the films, students wear normal Muggle clothing in their free time or outside of class.
- Also in the films (and the American illustrations in the books), the uniforms have colors to differentiate the houses and wear clothes underneath that change over the years. For example, in the early twentieth century there was a white buttoned shirt, house tie, gray V-neck sweater, pants or breeches (for boys), and ballet shoes with a skirt (for girls). According to the movies, by the time Harry was in school, a blazer was no longer needed.
Uniform design in the film adaptations
The uniform design changed in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban due to the change over a long period of time. The house colors designed into the uniform never vary, Gryffindor's colors with red and gold; Slytherin's colors with green and silver; Hufflepuff's colors with yellow and black and Ravenclaw's colors with blue and bronze (blue and silver in the films).
Uniform design, 1938–1945
In the late 1930s and early 1940s, the Hogwarts uniform consisted of a plain white shirt with buttons, a house tie (red, green, yellow or blue according to the house), a thick gray knitted V-neck sweater (with a black neckline), gray Pants or breeches (for boys) or gymnastic shoes with a pleated skirt (for girls), plain black shoes, an additional gray blazer with pockets or with an emblem, depending on the student's house and an open gray robe with buttons with the school coat of arms on the Chest. Tom Riddle, Rubeus Hagrid and Myrte Warren can be seen in this uniform in the second and sixth films.
Uniform design, 1971–1978
During the 1970s, the Hogwarts uniform was relatively similar to that in Tom Riddle's era. The Hogwarts uniform consisted of a plain white shirt with buttons, a house tie (thin stripes) (red and gold, green and silver, yellow and black or blue and bronze, according to the house), a thick gray knitted sweater with a V-neck (with a neckline in the house color), gray trousers (for boys) or pleated skirt (for girls), simple black shoes and an open black-tied robe with the student's house emblem. Boys also wore gray blazers under their robes and over their sweaters (there is no mention that this was also the case with girls with their required uniform). The following students were seen wearing this uniform: Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupine, Peter Pettigrew, Severus Snape and Lily Evans, all in the film adaptation of the fifth book.
Uniform design, 1991–1993
During the early 1990s, the Hogwarts uniform changed a bit since the 1970s. The uniform no longer had a blazer and now consisted of a plain white shirt with buttons, a house tie (thick stripes) (red and gold, green and silver, yellow and black or blue and bronze, according to the house), a gray knitted pullover with V-neck (with a neckline in the house colors), gray trousers (for boys) or pleated skirt (for girls), simple black shoes, gray socks and an open black buttoned robe with the student's house emblem on it. Hogwarts students wore this uniform in the first two films. This uniform design was used until the third film.
Uniform design, 1993-1998
In the third film, the uniform was changed again. This time the uniform consisted of a plain white shirt with buttons, a house tie (thick stripes) (red and gold, green and silver, yellow and black or blue and bronze, according to the house), a charcoal gray sweater with a V-neck, a cardigan or a sleeveless sweater (with cuffs and waistband in the house colors), boys wore charcoal-gray trousers and girls a skirt (roughly knee-length). Girls also had to wear black tights or stockings. Boys wore charcoal gray socks. Students of both sexes had to wear simple black shoes and an open black and silver attached robe with the student's house emblem on it and the respective colored line. Some students wore extras over their uniforms (Draco Malfoy wore a snake badge on his tie and Parvati Patil and her sister Padma both wore necklaces with the letter "P" over their ties. Luna Lovegood also wore various extras, starting with a necklace made from butterbeer bottles up to to earrings made from steering plum). In 1996 a select group of students, the Inquisition Command, wore silver pendants on their robes. As always, prefects, head boys and girls, and Quidditch captains wore a badge.
- How good is warm greek yogurt
- What are the best monthly income systems
- What are shoulder necklines
- Is music necessary in yoga?
- How could artists harm society?
- Name the automotive suppliers near Chennai
- How old is Amy Schumer
- Has Elizabeth II ever visited Adamstown Pitcairn
- What are the landforms of Puerto Rico
- Do you understand exactly what motivates you
- How do I find investors before starting
- Why is urine colored
- Heroin poisoning is worse than prescription opioids
- Why do junkies have bad teeth
- Why do drugs not temporarily cure ADHD
- How much value are sitewide links
- Should Liverpool sign a defensive midfielder
- How is the organizational structure at Cognizant
- What is 10 10 5x0 2 2
- What is the opposite of dense
- Why are Ahsoka's lightsabers blue
- What language did you teach yourself?
- Laptop keyboard price
- How are CEOs rated by technology companies