Can a civil engineer crack UPSC?
UPSC Results 2018: Pune candidates excel, Girish Badole ranked 20th in India
The final results of the UPSC exams were declared on Friday.
Public service exams 2017: Sonipat girl, mother of 4-yr-old, gets AIR 2, Sirsa boy is 3.
Renewing public services
To ensure gender balance, UPSC encourage women to apply for civil service exam
Written by Aakriti Bhalla and Sayan Ghosh
Three years after failing the major Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam, Girish Dilip Badole not only managed to clear UPSC, he did so in style. Badole secured an All India Rank (AIR) 20. The final results of the UPSC exams were declared on Friday.
A student of Patthar School, Badole (28) graduated from one of J J Hospital and Grant Medical College, Mumbai, in 2014. “I started at ONGC ... even during that time, I tried UPSC exams. But it was after my second attempt in 2015, when I didn't have the most important exam for you, that I came to Pune to help with exam preparation full-time, ”he said.
Badole, who lives in a rented apartment in Sadashiv Peth, said he spent every waking moment in the past three years preparing for UPSC. This was Badole's fourth attempt at the civil service exam.
He came from a family of farmers in rural Osmaniye, and always dreamed of becoming an IAS officer as if he wanted to serve the country. “Being a doctor also means serving humanity, but I wanted a job where I could contribute to nation-building, for example in the areas of health care or education. I'm very happy with the results, but my trip has been full of struggles. I come from rural Osmaniye, where my family work as farmers. It's a very big deal for us, ”he said.
Many other Pune candidates were also among the top 100 UPSC candidates. One of them, Rohan Joshi, got a touch of 67. A bright student from some of the country's premier institutes, and a third generation engineer, Joshi (25), is certainly hoping to post where he'll use his training. "My father always told me, as an engineer, you should be able to use your analytical skills in a constructive form ... I think I'll be able to develop my skills in the infrastructure of the country," said he.
Joshi, who is from Parbhani, said he had crowned IIT Bombay and won the University of Tokyo prestigious "Davis Award" for transportation. That was Joshi's first attempt at UPSC.
Bhuvanesh Patil (26), who secured a touch of 59, is one in Dhule. He holds a degree in mechanical engineering from MIT Kothrud.
Both of his parents are teachers and his mother, Sima Devidas Patel, received the President's Award. “My parents also have jobs in the service of society and they inspire me. I'm the first person in my family to crack the UPSC exam and that makes me proud, ”said Patil. Despite his degree in electrical engineering, Patel said he had no intention of getting a job in the private sector and he had started working for UPSC while he was still in technical college.
Pune youth Piyush Salunke, who is only 23, managed to score an AIR rank of 63 stand and fifth in the state.
An electronic and telecommunications engineer, he is in his senior year in the D E S Navalmal Firodia Law College. It was his second attempt at the exam, said Salunkhe.
“I started preparing for UPSC in 2015, but I took the exam for the first time last year. I couldn't clear the most important test last time, but on my second try this year, I secured myself with this rank. I chose UPSC because there are several IAS officers in my extended family. She told me about the platform and the opportunity an IAS officer has to make constructive changes in the country. That's exactly what I want to do and so I decided to take the exam, ”said Salunkhe.
For all of the latest training news, download the Indian Express app
- Why are Apple products not included
- Can marry a person with obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Are sugars carbohydrates
- What is cold insulation
- Which planet was discovered in 1846?
- What percentage of restaurant guests order starters?
- What has philosophy ever done for humanity
- How see Marathis Bengalis
- Manhattan has 21 bridges
- What does good mean in defense
- What is a uniform cost search
- Is Priscilla Presley a smoker
- What discount rate does Buffett use
- How are currency exchange rates determined
- How were Adam and Eve tempted
- Why did Xucaihou die so suddenly
- What about politics that make you wince
- Are seahorses and horses genetically related
- What causes a water table to fall?
- Why did JavaFX fail
- What is the cause of boils
- Why was Nirbhaya's documentary called Indias Daughter
- A uterine fibroid prevents pregnancy
- What is programming in computers
- Which podcast makes you perk up?
- How do YouTubers spend their money
- Who do you usually write to
- How can you improve your vacation sales
- Can I crack the gate in 3 days?
- What is Forca Barca
- What is Percocet
- What is color quantization
- All exercise rats are somatic narcissists