What is a cry gene
Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (delayed sleep phase disorder, DSPD) is a common sleep disorder in which the sleep phases are regularly shifted backwards compared to the usual or usual rhythm. Those affected are "night owls": their internal clock ticks differently, i.e. they can only sleep late and only poorly in the evening, it is difficult for them to get up at the usual times in the morning, and they are tired during the day.
Scientists now have a dominant variant in cryptochrome circadian clock 1, the CRY1Gene, identified as the genetic cause of DSPD. CRY1 is an essential element of the molecular clockwork, in which various genes act and control the endogenous circadian rhythm via feedback loops, usually with a period of around 24 hours. Like the researchers in the specialist journal Cell report causes the now identified mutation in CRY1that an inhibitory transcription factor arises with an increased affinity for the activating circadian proteins Clock and Bmal1. The increase in CRY1 function leads to a lower expression of the main transcription targets and the phases of the circadian molecular rhythms are lengthened.
That changed CRY1-Allele is recorded in genome databases with a frequency of up to 0.6%. When examining other carriers of the variant in different families, the scientists found that they also had abnormal sleep patterns and came to the conclusion that this genetic variant is likely to be the cause of sleep disorders in a considerable part of the population.
Patke A, Murphy PJ, Onat OE, ... Young MW. Mutation of the Human Circadian Clock Gene CRY1 in Familial Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. Cell 2017 Apr 6; 169 (2): 203-215.e13. doi: 10.1016 / j.cell.2017.03.027. [Epub ahead of print]
- Is writersdigest com legit or scam
- What causes bones to make popping noises
- Which is better pharmacy or nusing
- How does instruables com make money
- The World Trade Center was built cheaply
- What to do with GMO foods
- What do you find hypocritical
- Which universities offer eSports programs?
- Is ginger bad for the kidneys
- How does meditation help reduce stress
- What is the difference between nominative and passive?
- What are the worst swimming pool accidents
- CV for a SAT tutor
- Can Rick and Morty increase your IQ
- How tough is the OPSC
- How can I optimize my online shop
- How can I enter math symbols
- Where do you like to read?
- How did you get your first bra
- Albert Einstein was right about his calculations
- How do I cancel my TV license
- What is a peer-to-peer network
- What Woolwich likes to live in
- Why are you so small