Uses Wipro PHP language
Introduction to Scientific Programming - Winter 17
- Winter 17/18
- Dr. rer. nat. Tobias Neckel
- Time and Place
- Lecture: Monday, 10:15 am - 11:45 am, room: Rudolf-Mößbauer-Hörsaal (5101.EG.501), 
- IN8008 module
- Compulsory subject in physics (Bachelor)
- Students from other disciplines are also welcome!
- Instructor: Jean-Matthieu Gallard, M.Sc., Severin Reiz, M.Sc. (hons)
- General contact (tutors and tutor) mailto: [email protected]
- For specific questions, please contact the respective tutor
- Repeat exam: March 27th, 1.30pm-2.30pm, room CH 21010 (Hans Fischer lecture hall). Please be in the lecture hall 15 minutes in advance.
- Hours per week / ECTS credits
- 4 SWS / 4 credits
- The exam review for the repeat exam will take place on April 17th, 2018 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in room MI 00.05.058.
- The exam review will take place on 02/28/2018 at 2:00 p.m. in room MI 00.08.036.
- Print version 4x2 slides real process
- 1st lecture (23.10.17): Part 1-2 (organizational matters and first steps)
- 2nd lecture (30.10.17): Part 2 (data types)
- 3rd lecture (06.11.17): Part 3-4 (control structures, functions)
- 4th Lecture (November 13th, 2017): Part 4 (Functions)
- 5th lecture (November 20th, 2017): Part 4-5 (modules, IO and other data types), example Sloan Digital Sky Survey
- 6th Lecture (November 27th, 2017): Part 6 (Object-Oriented Programming 1)
- 7th Lecture (04.12.17): Part 6-7 (Object-Oriented Programming 2, Regular Expressions)
- 8th Lecture (December 11th, 2017): Part 8-9 (Exceptions, Graphics), Example Cooking Curve
- 9th lecture (18.12.17): Part 10 (particle systems), src-code: particle simulation
- 10th lecture (08.01.18): Part 11 (data structures: trees, stacks and queues), src-code: example Spacetree
- 11th Lecture (January 15th, 2018): Part 12 (Scientific Computing in Python)
- Lecture 12 (January 22, 2018): Part 13 (simulation of PDEs)
- 13th lecture (January 29th, 2018): Part 14 (Solving systems of linear equations)
- 14th lecture (05.02.18): Part 15 (multi-grid method + exam material)
- 0th week (16.10. - 20.10.): Setup of Python + Spyder (all operating systems); first steps
- 1st week (October 24th - October 28th): Exercise sheet 1st
- 2nd week (31.10. - 04.10.): Exercise sheet 2
- 3rd week (07.11. - 11.11.): Exercise sheet 3
- 4th week (14.11. - 18.11.): Exercise sheet 4
- 5th week (21.11. - 25.11.): Exercise sheet 5
- 6th week (November 27th - December 2nd): Exercise sheet 6th
- 7th week (04.12. - 10.12.): Exercise sheet 7
- 8th week (12.12. - 16.12.): Exercise sheet 8
- 9th week (19.12. - 23.12.): Exercise sheet 9, Mandelbrot, Newton, complex
- 10th week (09.01. - 13.01.): Exercise sheet 10
- 11th week (16.01. - 20.01.): Exercise sheet 11
- 12th week (23.01. - 27.01.): Exercise sheet 12
- 13th week (30.01. - 03.02.): Exercise sheet 13
Tutor exercises are offered on the following dates.
Due to the decreasing number of students (or constant 0) in exercise 08, we will no longer offer this. Exercise 07 can be attended at the same time.
|01||Fri 12: 15-13: 45||WED 07/03/03||Mirco|
|02||Tue 14: 15-15: 45||WED 01.06.020||Falko|
|03||Wed 08: 30-10: 00||WED 03.09.012||Falko|
|04||Wed 12: 15-13: 45||WED 11/3/188||Mirco|
|05||Fri 12: 15-13: 45||MI 00.13.036||Leon|
|06||Fri 08: 30-10: 00||WED 01.06.020||Korbinian|
|07||Fri 14: 15-15: 45||WED 11/3/188||Leon|
|10||Wed 14: 15-15: 45||WED 02.13.008||Severin|
|11||Fri 12: 15-13: 45||WED 03.09.012||Jean-Matthieu (in English if required)|
- Possibility to work out 4 points in the exam in advance
- Presence in 9 different exercise sessions
- Independent work during the exercise
- When can a lunar eclipse occur
- Which MBA should I get?
- What is the histology of bone tissue
- Why is the US not attacking North Korea?
- What grignards are reagents
- Can someone write with 2 hands at the same time
- How could airlines be more environmentally friendly?
- Who is the strongest person in Mahabharata
- What is hyperdensity in the brain
- Does the crypto currency threaten the fiat currency of other countries?
- What are the requirements for learning Angularjs2
- What are the best songs from Aerosmith
- How does Minecraft Earth work
- How will the scouts change?
- Can you eat the babybel wax
- Why did Xucaihou die so suddenly
- What color goes with an orange lehenga
- Are parking tickets kept in your file
- How much millionaire content is available online
- What are important chapters for the JEE network
- How do you move in space
- How did you learn hints
- What is everyone misunderstanding about Generation Z?
- How long has the missile India