Is ginger bad for the kidneys
Tips for kidney patients
In addition to the various treatment methods, optimal blood pressure control and the right diet can influence the progression of chronic kidney failure. However, you should only change your diet in consultation with your doctor. Professional nutrition advice can protect you from malnutrition.
Low in protein
Eat a low-salt diet, as the kidneys can no longer filter enough salts from the blood. The consequences are water retention and an increase in blood pressure. In addition, a diet rich in vitamins and low in fat and limiting the amount of protein are recommended. Although patients with chronic kidney disease often suffer from a lack of protein and calorie intake, a reduced protein intake seems to be able to slow down the progression of kidney failure. Therefore, do not consume more than 0.6-0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight and 30-35 kilocalories per kilogram of body weight per day.
A selection of recommended foods for a low-protein diet and information can be found at: prof-mann.de/nierenbuch/gichtniere/ernaehrung/eiweissreduzierte-kost/.
Low in phosphate
A low-phosphate diet with little dairy products, sausage, egg yolks, nuts and oatmeal can also have a positive effect on the disturbed bone metabolism. Prefer cheeses such as quark, cream cheese, camembert, brie cheese, mozzarella, Harzer Roller, Limburger. Liquid dairy products, on the other hand, contain a lot of potassium and phosphate. Therefore, do not drink more than 1/8 liter of milk, buttermilk or yogurt a day.
The recommended amount of phosphate is 0.8-1 grams per day. You can recognize phosphate additives by the following E numbers: E 338, E 339, E 340, E 341, E 450 a, E 450 b, E 450 c, E 540, E 543, E 544
Low in potassium
A low-potassium diet is usually only necessary in the advanced stages of kidney failure. The recommended amount depends on the severity of the disease and therefore varies from person to person. The recommended amount of potassium in food is around 1.5-2 grams a day. Foods and drinks high in potassium are:
- Fruit and vegetable juices, dried fruit (raisins, dates, figs)
- Bananas, apricots, avocado
- Legumes like peas, beans, and lentils
- Tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, fennel, Brussels sprouts, Swiss chard, kale, olives
- Sprouts and germs
- fresh and dried mushrooms
- Dried potato products (potato chips, potato dumplings, mashed potatoes).
Drinking abundantly, on the other hand, does not improve kidney function. Ask your doctor how much fluids to drink each day.
Physical activity can help lower the risk factors for high blood pressure and obesity. However, avoid activities that increase blood pressure, such as B. Weight training. You should also absolutely avoid nicotine, alcohol you should not drink more than 50 grams per day.
Patients with chronic kidney disease should also avoid drugs that can be harmful to the kidney, such as: B. non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including the most widely used pain medication such as diclofenac or ibuprofen, iodine-containing X-ray contrast media and certain antibiotics, such as. B. amikacin, gentamycin, neomycin or streptomycin. If medication leads to kidney problems, you should discontinue it immediately and, if necessary, replace it with another active ingredient.
- How does RingCentral rate its offers
- Where can I buy really special sunglasses?
- Well worth a Razer Blade laptop
- How can animals play dead
- Will AI decimate the world of work?
- What are saffron teas
- How can I build trust
- Pays YouTube for the upload bandwidth
- Is erythritol safe to consume
- What's in a Portable GPS Jammer
- What is a magnetic declination and inclination
- How do you learn to apply makeup
- How can I get myself heard
- Throws up an option when choking
- Which is the best library in pune
- How does the weather affect radio reception?
- What is scholarships
- Why do you love Australian Rules Football
- Why did Aphrodite only love Ares 1
- What is angular and linear velocity
- Amravati is a graphic city
- Did God create Allah
- How do girls feel when they become women?
- When do insurance companies lose money