Is yoga really effective in treating depression
With yoga against depression
Last update: October 18, 2018
Exercise is one of the best remedies for mental illness. In this article, we'll show you howYoga for depression can help.
Yoga is a slow sport that helps you find inner balance.
In this way, yoga helps with the most common psychological complaints of today: anxiety, depression and stress.
While yoga is a relatively new trend in the western world, people in India have been practicing it for thousands of years!
What is Depression?
Depression is a mental illness that is mainly characterized by a strong feeling of sadness. People with depression often have no interest in social gatherings or good experiences.
Often these people suffer from depression for a very long time. However, they are not related to a specific personality type or weakness.
Depression can have a huge impact on people's lives. Not only mental, but also physical and emotional disorders occur.
How yoga works against depression
One of the problems with depression is that it becomes worse when other stressors appear. Pressure at work, insomnia, or anxiety can create a downward spiral that is difficult to break.
To overcome depression, you should be active. Try to find a balance and not lock yourself up.
In yoga, body and mind are stressed equally. In the individual exercises (asanas), breathing (pranayama) and meditation you work with flowing energy.
In yoga it is assumed that energy is the trigger for many blockages and diseases. If you practice yoga regularly, you will come closer to your inner balance. This also promotes your well-being.
Through the harmonious energy flows that it releases, can Yoga for depression help.
In addition, yoga helps you regain control over yourself. Thereby it strengthens the bond and the conscious perception of the present.
Keeping a calm and peaceful mind is the first step in helping you overcome depression in the long term.
Yoga is a great tool for overcoming depression. In addition, it has the following good effects:
- Yoga reduces stress by lowering cortisol levels. This hormone creates a state of stress in the body and can also trigger other diseases.
- It improves the heart rate. In this way, the body is better prepared for stressful situations.
- According to medical studies, yoga regulates serotonin levels in the body. The hormone affects the mood and the general attitude towards life. It is also responsible for a healthy sleep rhythm.
Yoga exercises for depression
There are countless different yoga exercises that stimulate the body's life energy. They also bring body and mind into harmony and revitalize our nervous system.
For this reason, yoga exercises act as a natural remedy that responds to us as a whole: body and mind are equally involved. Certain poses in yoga relate to specific emotions and restore balance.
Standing and stretching exercises, for example, activate the nervous system. You should use them along with relaxation and breathing exercises to benefit from the beneficial energy.
It is best to discuss your situation with an experienced yogi or trainer. He or she can show you specific exercises that are tailored to your person.
We also recommend this article:
Yoga: the power of fire breathing
Is it really working?
To cut a long story short: yes, it works. Yoga is very effective in fighting depression because it relieves tension and cleanses the body.
In addition, it also has an effect on the psyche. Through yoga you can learn to get all thoughts out of your head. This way, over time, you will gain the upper hand over negative feelings and thoughts.
By concentrating on the exercises and the breath, yoga teaches you to focus your thoughts and feelings. This creates clarity in your life.
The step into a new life
The benefits of yoga in treating depression and other psychological distress are obvious. In addition, yoga is based on the unity of body and mind: the human being is a whole.
Finding balance in life and balancing the energies can help you get your life under control. Your habits and mood are also positively influenced.
Yoga practice gives you energy and strength on the first steps towards healing.
Make your way to a healthier, easier life. Surround yourself with friendships and activities that make you feel good. Now there is only one thing left to do: get started!You might be interested in ...
- Is a general degree a waste
- Who are the investors behind Swoopo
- Which red wines are considered dry
- Which SEO tools are unicorn
- How can I market microblading
- CCNA 200 125 certification is easy
- What is the economy of installation art
- What is a Roth 401k
- How is ISRO beneficial for India?
- Microgreens cause kidney stones
- Where can I get oversized t-shirts?
- What if Apple bought Disney?
- Are there Wikipedia pages without links
- What is the science behind dry shampoo
- How do you politely respond to an apology
- What is 10
- What surprised you most about Israel?
- How does Minecraft Earth work
- 6K video recording is better than 4K
- Why do teachers try to act cool
- How is denim different from normal cotton?
- What is an SMS template
- Why are there programming languages and how
- What does PLLC mean in legal terms