How can you make salt water properly
Salt inhalation: how to inhale correctly for asthma & COPD
Salt is now more than ever a therapeutic all-round talent: As a natural active ingredient, it is used in many forms in the treatment of a wide variety of diseases. For respiratory patients with asthma or COPD, inhaling nebulized saline solution is a popular home remedy.
This is what salt inhalation brings to asthma and COPD
The therapeutic benefits of inhaling 0.9 percent saline solution have been well documented for respiratory diseases:
On the one hand, this is beneficial anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects of saltwhich helps to reduce the swelling of the mucous membrane and to promote blood circulation.
On the other hand, inhaling salt water causes the mucous membrane to build up more fluid in the airways. This effect is particularly beneficial for asthma and COPD patients who struggle with thick mucus in the bronchi.
Regular inhalation of salt
- protects the mucous membrane from drying out
- stimulates the flow of mucus
- loosens stuck mucus
- improves the removal of pollutants and pathogens
For many patients with asthma and COPD, inhaling salt is a suitable means of relieving their symptoms and preventing acute infections of the respiratory tract.
How does the salt get into the airways?
Basically, you have various options: You can inhale salty air during a spa stay on the North or Baltic Sea ("surf breathing") or when visiting one of the many artificially created salt caves.
However, the regular one is easier and just as effective Inhaling salt water with a nebulizer.
Inhale properly with salt - that's how it works
For inhalation with salt you need 2 things:
- Isotonic saline solution consists of a 0.9 percent salt solution, i.e. 9 grams of salt to 1 liter of water. You can get a sterile solution for inhalation in small, practical packets from the pharmacy or on the Internet. You can also create the solution yourself. You can find out what to look out for at inhalation.cc.
- Electric nebulizers are inhalers that atomize saline solution into tiny droplets. The smallest possible droplet size is crucial for the effectiveness of the inhalation - because only the smallest droplets (aerosol) reach the lungs with their widely branched bronchial system. You inhale the aerosol through a breathing mask, which is available in different sizes for adults and children.
When and how often do you inhale?
- Inhale once or twice a day for 6 minutesto prevent acute infections.
- In the case of heavy mucus or during an acute infection, you can inhale several times a day.
- Breathe in the salt-containing active ingredient mist as deeply and slowly as possible.
- If you have a productive cough, especially at night, it is best to inhale just before bed.
- You can combine the inhalation of saline solution with the daily use of respiratory therapy devices such as the RC-Cornet® PLUS. This saves time and increases the effectiveness of the therapy.
This is how salt inhalation works with a nebulizer
Ideal for inhaling saline solution: With its powerful nebulizer and compressor technology, the belAir® inhaler is the perfect addition to your medicine cabinet!
View on Amazon
- Prof. Viola Vogel: Lower the risk of infection with respiratory care. (Article on the homepage of ETH Zurich from March 13, 2020)
- Pulmonologists on the Net: Simply inhaling can effectively contain droplet infections. (10/01/2007)
What treatment helps with COPD?
At any stage of COPD, treatment options are available to bring about improvement. All measures at a glance.
The lighter-breathe newsletter informs you regularly about current topics related to COPD.
Register now for free!
- Can hunt a pet bird
- Which is the tallest temple in India
- How big is the market for hunting clothing
- My new pet rabbit is okay
- Why is horse meat black
- Is SeCl2 polar or non-polar
- Is NASA 2019 better than ISRO
- What are some interesting facts about Infosys
- What does income statement mean
- What is the basic concept of PPC Marketing
- Severus Snape had a painful death
- Are companies afraid of non-traditional candidates?
- How do I deal with painful memories
- Does a muffler tape really work
- What do locals do in Chicago
- Why is futsal indoor football not more popular?
- What is the mentality of the Hungarian boys
- How many series does Teen Wolf have
- How's the cowboy culture in Houston
- Can Instagram developers see my private messages
- The Hulk dies in the comics
- How can I use redwood pine cones
- How did the Marauders become Animagi?
- What is the average peak RMS voltage