Do Facebook privacy statements work
The business model of Facebook or: What does Facebook use the data for?
First of all, it should be noted: Facebook does not work like a global detective agency that simply gives third parties - for example other companies - information about a person. That would hardly be legally permissible. The company keeps the treasure trove of data for itself as far as possible in its own interest. Facebook's business model is essentially based on being a platform for personalized advertising. The better Facebook knows its members, the better it can sell other companies advertisements that land precisely on the screens of potential customers. If you follow the official statements from Facebook, the extensive data collection serves two more or less commercial purposes: Firstly Operation and improvement of the service - and with it the user loyalty and the acquisition of new members - and secondly the Optimizing how ads are served. Facebook does not normally pass on any personal data to third parties without the consent of the user (for exceptions see below in the text). It uses the collected data primarily to generate revenue through advertising. To do this, Facebook sorts users into numerous target groups and places the relevant ads. The target group of such advertisements can in principle be defined very detailed, for example married academics in Berlin with a monthly income of more than 5,000 euros, who own a home, have bought shoes from an online retailer in the last four months and have a birthday among friends. Because, for example, the retailer has also integrated Facebook functions on its website, just as Facebook already knows about shopping habits. Around 1,300 features for advertising placements that Facebook assigns to its users are known.
- Is Exact Target a marketing automation platform
- Where can a person buy a dolphin
- Which religions are most anti-gay?
- What are the benefits of PMP certification
- What is the benefit of an insect
- Does Redmi Note 7 support camera stabilizer
- Why are people afraid of Asians
- Who is Rajdeep Das
- Justin Bieber is an American
- Can the world really be oil-free?
- How are secondary data collected
- What factors affect the Fermi level
- A Porsche 997 will gain in value
- Are ammonia smelling salts safe
- Why should one become an IAS officer?
- What are the features of Blackview A60
- What's next in HR Tech
- What is a survival guide for life
- How do chocolate fountains work
- Which Anthrax albums are Thrash Metal
- What's one of your best purchases
- How is the SRM Amravati AP Campus
- What is a legitimate genius
- Should I use washcloths or not