Why is the Pauli exclusion principle important
to directory mode
Area of Expertise - General chemistry, quantum physics
The Pauli principle (or exclusion principle) was postulated in 1925 by Wolfgang Pauli to explain the atomic structure and the periodic table of the elements.
It says that the wave function of a system of fermions (e.g. electrons) must be antisymmetric with respect to the exchange of two particles:
In the one-electron approximation this has the consequence that the total wave function is represented as a Slater determinant of the one-electron functions (orbitals) and the electrons of an atom are in at least one of the four quantum numbers (principal quantum number, angular momentum quantum number, magnetic quantum number and spin quantum number) ) have to distinguish.
Learning units in which the term is dealt with
Construction principle of the periodic table45 min.
chemistryGeneral ChemistryPeriodic table
How is the periodic table structured? What are the criteria behind the structure? Wolfgang Pauli was the first to put the principle into words and prove it.
Quantum Mechanics: Principles90 min.
chemistryTheoretical chemistryQuantum mechanics
The formalism and important terms of quantum mechanics are introduced, in particular the terms wave function, normalization, probability interpretation are discussed, the scalar product, the Bra-Ket notation, the Pauli principle as well as the time-dependent and time-independent Schrödinger equation are defined and the correspondence between classical mechanics and quantum mechanics.
- What can you learn from your dreams
- What is the best radio station in Bangladesh
- Is PGDM a good course
- Is driving a skill
- Does Stripe work in India 1
- What are the tire types
- How do you create a balanced society
- Why is history taught so impersonally
- What is the temperature of normal water
- Can you live happily without music
- Which retail stores have the best WiFi
- What makes a good SEO tool
- What is a microsite
- How early should you start your Christmas shopping?
- How does YouTube pay for views
- Is there any political unrest in Pakistan
- What's the Most New Zealand Headline Ever
- What are the uses of nitrous oxide
- How mighty is Hercules
- Which web frameworks are most similar to Meteor
- How to remove eyelashes
- What are the greatest secrets of genetics
- Who are the famous Indian textile designers
- What are crystalline solids