What is the Bayers Trial
Bayer: The process suddenly canceled - so it goes on
Over 11,200 glyphosate lawsuits as of the end of January 2019, two lost lawsuits: The pressure on Bayer management in the USA is growing. Meanwhile, according to the news agency Bloomberg San Francisco judge Vince Chhabria called off a trial scheduled for May. Apparently the court wants to bring some order into the proceedings.
Accordingly, the two parties should propose a mediator. "If you are unable to agree that the court will nominate someone," Chhabria wrote aloud Bloomberg. Apparently, the upcoming processes should be better structured and resources better used.
French farmer prevails
Like the news agency AFP Reported on Thursday, the farmer Paul François has stood before the Court of Appeal in Lyon against Monsanto (meanwhile to Bayer belonging) enforced. According to AFP 2004, the plaintiff suffered poisoning while using the - now banned - weed killer "Lasso". The litigation went through several instances and has dragged on for years. The Lyon court did not rule on possible compensation for the farmer. This is what a separate process is about. Monsanto should pay 50,000 euros for the plaintiff's lawyer.
The effects of this process on the Bayer Group should be limited. What is currently happening in the USA is much more important. Bayer urgently needs to come up with something to contain or defuse the risks resulting from the glyphosate litigation. After all, the share price and investor confidence suffer as a result.
At Bayer, the risks still outweigh the risks; investors are watching the further development of the glyphosate litigation from the sidelines.
(With material from dpa-AFX)
Book tip: How to read company figures
Authors: Graham, Benjamin
Number of pages: 176
Release date: 23.07.2020
- Dissolves plaster of paris in water
- What are some good bottles to buy
- HFI certification helps product managers
- How can I grow as an individual
- How do I use the web
- What is a battlestation computer
- Why do men tease women
- How did old societies hold boundaries
- Can Deadpool Die 1
- Who is Manoj Saru
- What is required for a strong start
- What is mica
- What is a cylindrical and spherical coordinate system
- Why don't you like Lyndon Johnson
- How did Yamamoto's Bankai work in Bleach
- Which artist sang the song Lightning?
- How can a student study C online
- Which internship is useful for ECE students
- Radio was invented
- Why can't Manchester City win the UCL?
- Honda is considered a cheap brand
- What is an empty verse poem
- How are prisons in Austria?
- What causes electricity pollution