Is there a military economic alliance
A few hours before Putin's statements, the leadership in Kiev announced that the European Investment Bank (EIB) had committed a loan of 150 million euros for the modernization of the pipelines. "This will reduce costs by 20 percent," said the Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseni Yatsenjuk in Kiev. He spoke out against South Stream again. "This is a Russian political project."
Putin threatened the EU again with the reorientation of Russia on energy issues. “Russia will transport its resources to other regions of the world. We will open up other markets and Europe will not get these quantities - at least not from Russia. But that is the choice of our European friends, ”he said.
Russia recently agreed a far-reaching partnership with energy-hungry China. Russia is currently also pumping gas to Germany through the Nord Stream pipeline through the Baltic Sea.
In Ankara, the head of the Kremlin announced that his country would enter into broad economic cooperation with Turkey, such as a gas transshipment point near the Greek border. Russia is Turkey's main gas supplier and is also building the first Turkish nuclear power plant.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan Erdogan said he had also spoken to Putin about the situation in Syria and the fight against the terrorist organization Islamic State (IS). The two countries take different positions in the Syrian civil war. Russia is an ally of the Damascus regime, while Turkey is calling for it to be overthrown. At the press conference, both sides repeated their familiar positions.
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg appealed to Turkey not to undermine the EU and US sanctions against Russia over Ukraine. Turkey is a member of NATO and is negotiating accession with the EU.
With a view to the Ukraine crisis, the foreign ministers of the 28 NATO countries want to launch new defensive measures against possible threats from Russia in Brussels on Tuesday. The focus is on building a super-fast reaction force. It should be able to be relocated within a few days - for example to Poland or the alliance states in the Baltic States.
Countries like Lithuania feel particularly threatened by the Russian intervention policy in neighboring countries. The new reaction force, which is provided by the German-Dutch Corps in Münster, among others, is scheduled to be operational in 2016.
In addition, NATO is increasing its support for Ukraine and is not ruling out membership of the country, as Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg made clear on Monday in Brussels. Russia responded by announcing new naval maneuvers.
- What are web services in Android
- Why will email marketing dominate 2019
- What do you mean by cloakroom courtesy
- What are the functions of public finance
- What makes an orchestra really great
- Is it beneficial to legalize marijuana?
- Can a garter snake hurt you
- Your purpose in life can change
- How can you sell a company
- Why is H2SO4 used as an electrolyte
- What are people using instead of backpage
- Stephen King's Castlerock is terrifying
- Can you make my day better
- Why are there trashy people
- How many pi bonds are there in C2
- What is the purpose of the dramatic irony
- What is an electrical load
- What do politically liberal people believe in?
- What do you think of nomophobia
- How much do you squat
- What are some good inflation hedges
- Where did Igor Stravinsky work
- What is the empirical formula of aspirin
- What program code are computer viruses