What does colonization mean
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Ko | lo | ni | sie | rung, Plural: Ko | lo | ni | sie | run | gen
- IPA: [koloniˈziːʁʊŋ]
- 1) Action (and its result) to take unlawful possession of foreign territory
- 2) Action (and its outcome), tap into backward territory
- Derivation from the stem of the verb colonize with the derivative (derivative morpheme) -ung
- 1) “Your situation was at the end of the first century Colonization catastrophic."
- 1) “A permanent occupation, certainly Colonization But nobody in Paris thinks of the North African reign. "
- 2) "František Palacký, the first great modern historian of the Czechs and" father of the nation "in the 19th century, consolidated these views, although of course with his clear, just mind he also saw the boom in industry and trade that the Colonization had brought. "
- Colonization policy
- Nominative: singular Colonization; Plural Colonizations
- Genitive: singular Colonization; Plural Colonizations
- Dative: singular Colonization; Plural Colonizations
- Accusative: singular Colonization; Plural Colonizations
- Esperanto: koloniigo
- Italian: 1) colonizzazione (Female)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Christianity was for witch hunt, Colonization and pogroms responsible? The theologian Manfred Lütz defends the church against the clichés of its critics.“
DIE ZEIT, 09 September 2018
„Hundreds of Wild West lovers have pitched their tents near Sersheim. You feel in the times of Colonization North America - with the light and the dark sides.“
Stuttgarter Zeitung online, May 4th, 2019
„Researchers from University College London in the UK have discovered a horrific link between the Colonization America's noted by Europeans and a marked cooling in the 16th and 17th centuries.“
Sputnik Germany, January 31, 2019
„She wants this Colonization understood as a contribution to civilization.“
NZZ Online, August 10, 2019
„In the Colonization from islands to plant species, factors such as island size, isolation and geological development play an important role. In addition, the interactions between the species is important.“
StadtRadio Göttingen, February 27, 2019
„SpaceX boss Elon Musk announced on November 8th on his Twitter page what for Colonization of the planet Mars is required.“
Sputnik Germany, November 08, 2019
„An archaeologist working in Vienna subjects the dating of the initial phase of Greek history to a radical revision. Homer, Alphabet and the Colonization Sicily everything 100 years earlier?“
DiePresse.com, May 28, 2020
„Santa Clara: The Colonization of Trinacria, today Santa Clara in the department of San Pedro, was started by the lawyer Giuseppe De Stefano Paterno de Vittoria from Catania on November 28, 1897.“
Weekly (Paraguay), October 18, 2020
„What is Hellion? The survival MMO Hellion puts you in the role of a colonist who arrives in the Hellion colony, but has to find out that with the Colonization of the star system something went wrong.“
Mein-MMO.de, March 27, 2020
„Exploration is rewarded as it provides technology, resources and valuable worlds Colonization receive.' MegaCorp Expansion: 'The DLC MegaCorp is about giving the players the keys to the economy.“
4Players, September 08, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Settlement: permanently inhabited place; permanent insertion of organisms into a locally limited ecosystem
- Settlement: a process of the more or less systematic, site-specific settlement of people or other living beings for the purpose of living or permanent residence in the sense of determining the center of life
- colonization: a process of the more or less systematic, site-specific settlement of people or other living beings for the purpose of living or permanent residence in the sense of determining the center of life
- colonization: Action (and its result) to take unlawful possession of foreign territory; Action (and its result), open up backward territory
- Land grab: Appropriation of foreign land
- Development: Construction: the act of building on an area; Architecture, town planning: the totality of buildings with which a certain area is built up; Agriculture: the cultivation of soil
- colonization: a process of more or less systematic, site-specific settlement of people or other living beings for the purpose of living or permanent residence in the sense of determining the center of life
- Development: making a site, region or territory accessible so that it can then be used by people; making a building accessible by means of vertical (stairs, elevators) and horizontal (corridor) elements; the construction of paths and the connection to supply and disposal lines (electricity, water, sewage) to properties; the opening of markets in the economy; the utilization of documents in order to make them specifically findable
- Colony formation (in other areas)
Another word (synonym) for colonization - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "colonization":
delinquent: Russia or Great Britain the banishment of delinquents, especially for the purpose of colonizing remote or distant areas (Siberia, Australia)
Maghreb: “When the countries of the Maghreb then gained their independence, it was decided to give the Arabic language the place it had before colonization.” 1) “So these great authors are part of our cultural heritage
Oukie: ... Formed from the Afrikaansen outjie. The Oukie form emerged early on at the beginning of colonization. Synonyms: 1) boy, guy, guy Opposite words: 1) chick ...
Omuramba: small river that occasionally dries up. Origin of the term: a term borrowed from the Otjiherero at the beginning of the colonization of German South West Africa, which literally means "dry river course; valley"
Settlement: ... Derivation to colonize with the suffix -ung Subordinate terms: 1) Colonization, colonization Examples of use: 1) North America was colonized in ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Colonization" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Kolonisierung/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "colonization" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Colonizations (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ko | lo | ni | sie | run | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Colonization policy (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular colonization policy; Plural - genitive: ...
colonist (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular colonist; Plural colonists genitive: singular ...
Colonists (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ko | lo | nis | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [koloˈnɪstn̩]…
Colonist (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular colonist; Plural colonists genitive: ...
Colonists (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ko | lo | nis | tin | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
colonnade (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular colonnade; Plural colonnades genitive: singular ...
Colonnades (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ko | lon | na | den Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [kolɔˈnaːdn̩]…
column (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular column; Plural columns genitive: singular ...
- Why are websites still important
- Which IITs offer dual major courses
- What is a bank PO exam
- Driving an SUV is a problem
- What is the best audio player
- Who are some famous twins in history
- What were you addicted to?
- Can baryon antiquarks have
- Who were the marathas
- What is the 34 of 43
- What does Hardik Patels ask for
- Where does milk come from
- It would be easier to start all over again
- How to Draw a Psychrometric Chart
- Can Goku lift 200 trillion tons
- Should I continue or break my engagement?
- Is the 1969 moon landing a wrong story
- Have more than 5000 credits
- How can you replace the kitchen faucet
- Joe Biden's campaign is dead
- Which Marvel superhero is far too little marketable
- Who exactly invented clickbait?
- How is 3 14 calculated
- What percentage of America do drugs