What book would be a great movie
Harry Potter 3 almost didn't get anywhere near as great
Quite a few fans and critics see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban as the best contribution to the Harry Potter franchise. Director Alfonso Cuarón not only brought the magic into the magical world of J.K. Rowling, but also made the Harry Potter films of adulthood - so the tenor of many critics and fans. But it almost never happened that Cuarón took the job. If it weren't for the aggressive words of Shape of Water director Guillermo del Toro.
Guillermo del Toro called Alfonso Cuarón an "arrogant bastard"
IndieWire reports that Alfonso Cuarón presented his new film Roma in Telluride and used the opportunity to chat a bit out of the box. It was also about Harry Potter and the one for Cuarón Difficult Decisionto take the job. The decisive factor was the brutal reaction of his friend Guillermo del Toro when he talked to him about it:
I talked to Guillermo the way I always do and he says, 'How's it going? Any new projects? ' I said, 'It's my turn to Harry Potter, can you believe that?' I made fun of it. I had neither read the books nor seen the movies. And then he looks at me angrily. He called me flaco, which means lean.
And then it started: Guillermo del Toro insisted that Cuarón the Harry Potter- Don't underestimate books just because they're so popular:
He says, 'You're such a fucking arrogant bastard. You go to the fucking bookstore right now and get the books and you will read them and call me immediately. ' If he talks to you like that, well, you have to go to the bookstore.
Cuarón was quickly convinced of the potential of Harry Potter
Halfway through The Prisoner of Azkaban, Alfonso Cuarón also understood that he had something very big in front of him and that the opportunity to film the material was unique. He called del Toro who was just talking to one "I said yes, you shitty ..." responded - and the rest is history. Cuarón made Harry Potter and opened the door to the international film business and made hits like Children of Men and Gravity.
Alfonso Cuarón is currently doing the rounds of the festival with his new film Roma, which is produced by Netflix and from 14.12.2018 is available on the streaming service. The Harry Potter films are currently running again in the cinema, before the next film from the November 15, 2018 with Fantastic Beasts: Grindelwald's Crimes Harry Potter Universe starts in cinemas.
What do you think of Alfonso Cuarón as the director of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban?
- Should I take Adderall for meditation
- What was the first song as hard
- What is a central power plant
- Why didn't Edward Norton win an Oscar?
- What symbolizes Lord Shiva's trident
- Why did nature give women big breasts
- How do I become a home appraiser
- How do I discuss confidently
- What is meant by SEM 1
- How to solve n-player games
- What was your AIR in the JEE
- How do I remove a dip manicure
- What is beam deflection
- How much does an emergency room cost without insurance
- Why are screen protectors glass
- What are computer drivers
- Supports Alexa AM radio
- Are there technical part-time jobs
- How much is 2e 16
- Why don't the teeth grow again
- Was there someone who died after apartheid
- Have you heard of Boom Supersonic Flight?
- What are landowner tags
- What are the uses of sprouted seeds