Is there a black astronaut
Space Knowledge: Surprising Facts About Black Holes
1. Black holes don't suck everything in
The idea that black holes are gigantic vacuum cleaners that suck planets, stars, galaxies, light, everything into itself is widespread. In truth, they behave like any other object in space - only with an extremely high pull. It is spectacular, but not an omnipresent danger. If the sun turned into a black hole of equal mass, the earth would orbit it just as the sun did before.
2. Black holes elongate everything and everyone like spaghetti
There is even an expression for it: "spaghettification". Before an object is completely captured by the enormous force of attraction, i.e. crosses the event horizon, the part closer to the hole is stretched out. In other words, an astronaut who drifts feet first into the hole gets legs like spaghetti before the rest of his body follows.
3. Black holes can theoretically create new universes
This is still a steep thesis that is still being researched - but theoretically it is possible. The enormous compression of mass in a black hole could reach a maximum point from which it expands again explosively, similar to the formation of our universe.
4. Black holes can release enormous amounts of energy
This is due to the matter, mostly consisting of dust and gases, which is constantly circling the black hole close to the edge. Due to the enormous speed, the mass heats up in such a way that large amounts of energy are released - provided the hole has not yet swallowed everything around it.
5. A gigantic black hole is in the middle of our galaxy
And that's even the largest that we can observe directly, a so-called super-massive black hole: "Sagittarius A *" at the center of the Milky Way is four million times as heavy as the sun and has a diameter of 25 million kilometers, which is around the 18th century times the sun. But don't worry: the black hole is around 27,000 light years away from Earth. Scientists suspect that it was formed around the same time as the Milky Way, around 13 billion years ago.
- Is NaCl an acidic base or neutral
- What are the functions of the kernel
- Can you decipher the word wlo?
- What is the full form of LDRP
- What is 1 000 000 meters
- What qualifies as homeless
- What is a cell transition
- Is there really insider trading
- How do I normalize product names
- Which country was first in space
- Why was Ace Combat Infinity closed
- How are fixed costs used in accounting
- How did the moon come into being
- What shall we stop being ashamed of?
- Which websites bring you huge revenue
- Medieval life was worse than ancient times
- What is a nurse in india
- How is life in an IT company
- Why do certain software programs not work on Linux
- How many championships will KD get
- How did muffins get their name?
- Is Norco stronger than Vicodin
- What is your rating of Nikon cameras