When was the symbol of infinity introduced?
Infinity symbol, pictorial representation of the infinite.
Since you cannot draw the infinite, symbols have to be used. The oldest abstract representations of all refer to infinity. On Malta, in 5500-year-old megalithic temples, the one carved in stone can be found again and again double spiralwhich, according to archaeologists, symbolized the eternal and the infinite:
The first illustration of infinity *
The developed from the spiral Uroboroswho have favourited the snake devouring its own tail. This infinity symbol can be found all over the world. It was used by the ancient Egyptians, the Tibetans and the Maya, although there was no connection between these peoples. Also in Michael Ende's novel The never ending Storythe snake symbol appears in the form of Auryn.
Uroboros version of the Maya
The most famous infinity symbol is that ►Lemniscates∞, made in 1656 by ►John Wallis was introduced. The symbol as such appeared in Roman inscriptions as early as the 1st century BC. Chr. On. It probably originated from a double M (the Roman name for 1000) and meant 100 million.
A simpler infinity symbol is three dots ... to represent an infinite ►Sequence or sum of numbers, e.g.
1 + ½ + ¼ + ⅛ ...
►Georg Cantor led the Hebrew Alephא to represent the ►Cardinal numbers infinite quantities and the Greek omega ω for infinite ►Ordinal numbers. While ∞ and ... on ►the potentially infinite are related אand ωa measure of actual infinity.
* Limestone relief from the Hypogeum of Hal Saflieni, Malta.
© Johann Christian Lotter ■ Infinity ■ BooksLinks ■ Forum
- Will move movers guns
- Which fruit would each type of MBTI be?
- Where can I buy good hunting blinds
- Are there international civil engineering licenses
- How do pears grow
- What's the best DBMS project
- What is meant by absolute theory
- A mayor of the city could declare martial law
- How do we form logical axioms
- Can you fly in Skyrim
- How would you rate this poster
- How am I supposed to mourn my cat?
- Westeros ten years later How is it
- What are the most fun dog toys
- How do I learn computer science
- Why are werewolves historically masculine
- What is Salesforce DX
- Should I buy gta 5 for PS3
- Genius is based on IQ alone
- How are INTPs boys in school
- Is mercury a mixture
- Is Hermione Granger an extrovert or an introvert?
- How can I naturally moisturize my face?
- Can she be true to me
- Are you taking dihydrogen monoxide?
- What is 6 x 9 6 9
- What makes an intermediate programmer
- Should Liverpool sign a defensive midfielder
- How should I register with ePayLater
- Is there a 4th degree burn
- Honda is considered a cheap brand
- What black mold kills best
- Can I install PhoneGap on mobile devices?
- Who is a female gynecologist in Noida