Can I buy amphetamine sulfates online
amphetamineDrug groupsAmphetaminesAmphetamine is an active ingredient from the group of stimulants that is used to treat attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder ADHD and to treat narcolepsy. The effects are based on the increased release of neurotransmitters in the brain. Amphetamine is also abused as an intoxicant, smart drug and party drug and has a high potential for dependence ("speed"). It can cause numerous side effects, including high blood pressure, cardiovascular disorders, psychiatric disorders, and indigestion. An overdose is life threatening.
Synonymous: Amphetaminum, Amfetamin, Amfetamini sulfasPhEur, Amphetamine sulfate, Benzedrine, SpeedProducts
No amphetamine medicinal products are currently registered in Switzerland. The active ingredient is subject to narcotics legislation and requires a more stringent prescription, but is generally not prohibited like other substances from the amphetamine group. Medicines containing dexamphetamine are commercially available in some countries, for example in Germany and the USA.Structure and properties
Amphetamine (C.9H13N, Mr = 135.2 g / mol) is a racemate that is a colorless liquid with a typical odor. It is a methylphenethylamine that is structurally related to the body's own monoamines and stress hormones such as adrenaline and noradrenaline. The D.-Isomer dexamphetamine is more active. Amphetamine sulfate is a white powder that is easily soluble in water.
Amphetamine (ATC N06BA01) has sympathomimetic, appetite-suppressing and centrally stimulating properties. It also increases blood pressure and stimulates breathing. The effects are based on the increased release of neurotransmitters in the brain. Amphetamine has a half-life of around 10 hours.
Mechanism of action of the sympathomimetics, click to enlarge. Illustration © PharmaWikiIndications
Used to treat attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder ADHD and to treat narcolepsy.dosage
According to the specialist information.abuse
Amphetamine can be abused as a stimulant intoxicant, smart drug and party drug and has a high potential for addiction. Due to the possible undesirable effects (see below), it is strongly advised against.Contraindications
Amphetamine is used in cases of hypersensitivity, advanced arteriosclerosis, cardiovascular diseases, vascular diseases, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, thyrotoxicosis, certain psychiatric diseases, pheochromocytoma, glaucoma, states of excitement, previous intoxicant or drug abuse during pregnancy and breastfeeding and contraindicated in combination with MAOIs. The complete precautionary measures can be found in the medicinal product information sheet.Interactions
Amphetamine has a high potential for drug interactions, for example with antidepressants, neuroleptics and sedatives.unwanted effects
Amphetamine can cause numerous side effects. An overdose is life threatening. Possible adverse effects include:
- Cardiovascular system: palpable heartbeats, high blood pressure, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, sudden death
- Central nervous system: overstimulation, agitation, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremors, worsening tics, dependence, addiction, personality changes, psychiatric illnesses
- Digestive system: dry mouth, taste disorders, diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, poor appetite, weight loss
ADHD, amphetamines, methylphenidate, mephedrone, dexamphetamine, lisdexamphetamine, ecstasyliterature
- Pharmaceutical product information (CH, USA, D)
- Buxton N., McConachie N.S. Amphetamine abuse and intracranial haemorrhage. J R Soc Med, 2000, 93 (9), 472-7 Pubmed
- Chen H., Wu J., Zhang J., Hashimoto K. Recent topics on pharmacotherapy for amphetamine-type stimulants abuse and dependence. Curr Drug Abuse Rev, 2010, 3 (4), 222-38 Pubmed
- European Pharmacopoeia PhEur
- Weisler R.H. Safety, efficacy and extended duration of action of mixed amphetamine salts extended-release capsules for the treatment of ADHD. Expert Opin Pharmacother, 2005, 6 (6), 1003-18 Pubmed
Conflicts of Interest: None / Independent. The author has no relationships with the manufacturers and is not involved in the sale of the products mentioned.additional Information
Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on June 2nd, 2020.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- Has nitrogen allotrope
- How do I decipher this GPG message
- Which are the Indian cyber security companies
- How do I turn a steel rod
- How does CakePHP
- Why does water become cloudy?
- There are mountains in Washington DC
- How do you drive long distances
- What is hyperdensity in the brain
- Why can integrated circuits fail?
- Are all mobile phone numbers 10 digits
- Are the patriots the real deal?
- Companies are hiring dedicated Apple Watch developers
- What religion is Dianne Feinstein
- What do South Africans not do
- Which degree is required for computer technology
- How do I sell a historical document
- IPhone 6 supports 1080p videos
- Which is the best pain reliever cream
- Where are good theplas sold in Bangalore
- How can I become very conscious
- What is a sheet
- Is religion meant for criticism
- The smartphone really makes us smart