Is NaCl an acidic base or neutral
Sodium chloride as a neutral salt
Here you can see picture 9 from my presentation "Corresponding acid / base pairs".methodic procedure
The basic methodological idea that immediately makes sense to any student is this:
An acid gives off protons. In order for a particle to be an acid, it must have hydrogen atoms, which are also bound to another atom with a polar covalent bond.
A base accepts protons. To do this, the particle must have a lone pair of electrons and also have a very high electronegativity.
The two components of the salt are now examined under these two aspects. Is the cation an acid or a base? Is the anion an acid or a base? Then a decision is made as to whether the salt forms a neutral, acidic or alkaline solution with water.application
- Is well+ an acid? No, there is no hydrogen atom.
- Is well+ a base? No, there is no lone pair of electrons.
- Is Cl- an acid? No, there is no hydrogen atom.
- Is Cl- a base? Yes, but H2O molecules do not give protons to Cl- from.
The last question is now not that easy to answer for most students. In principle, the chloride ion is a base, albeit a very weak base. That is, the "acid" H2O is unable to donate a proton to a chloride ion. Assuming that such a proton transfer actually occurs, an HCl molecule is formed. The HCl molecule, however, is a strong acid, which immediately returns a proton to an H2O molecule gives off.
So one can summarize that both ions of NaCl are neutral. This explains why a saline solution is neutral, i.e. has a pH value of 7.
- What should I take before a speech
- What do you think of Walmart's pharmacy
- What does the crucifix mean
- What comes after Trump
- Why did Churchill want war with Hitler?
- What is cordycepin extract used for?
- Why are Pakistani militants attacking India
- What do you think of nomophobia
- Am i your mate correct english
- How do I treat smelly kittens
- What are periodic boundary conditions
- Does Stripe work in India 1
- How many types of keystones are there
- What is the official WhatsApp spy fee
- Should GM build a C8 Corvette SUV
- What animals like to cuddle with people
- What is a bottle
- Is fish farming profitable
- What inspires people about Lamborghini
- Can I burn coal in a fireplace?
- Why do Muslim countries prefer green color
- How many championships will KD get
- How does a child know their name?
- How is the recruitment changing?
- Is narcissism worse than sociopathy
- How would you describe Germany before the First World War?
- Why do I get worse when I practice
- A narcissist is high when you are low
- Does the dental insurance cover the bonding
- Can i sell my own water
- Christian girls wait to get married
- How did you become a medical representative
- Are there Sindhi speaking Muslims in India?