Is biochemistry a competitive major
We are looking for a young and already successful scientist with an active research program in the field of plant development genetics and signaling research. The focus should be on molecular signaling processes that are involved in the initiation, control or termination of development processes in the context of tissue or organ development. The successful candidate will become a member of the Cluster of Excellence CIBSS Center for Integrative Biological Signaling Studies, which aims to understand signaling mechanisms across biological scales and to develop new tools to control cell and organ functions. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a new planned Collaborative Research Center (CRC / SFB) on plant-environment interactions, as well as with the DFG-funded graduate school GRK2344. We expect an active contribution to the trinational curriculum biotechnology together with the École Supérieure de Biotechnologie Strasbourg, as well as teaching in plant genetics and signaling processes in plant development at the level of our B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D education.
The University of Freiburg is a leading research university with two clusters of excellence (CIBSS and liv-MatS), several special research areas and very strong doctoral programs. Freiburg is a highly competitive, internationally known research city, and - together with the University of Basel (CH), the University of Strasbourg (F), the University of Haute-Alsace (F) and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (D) - also part of it of the "European Campus".
In addition to the general legal requirements for employment, the requirements for employment are a university degree, pedagogical aptitude and a special ability to carry out academic work, which is evidenced by the outstanding quality of a doctorate and excellent publications. The position is initially limited to four years. If the interim evaluation is successful, it will be extended for a further two years to a total of six years. In addition, after a successful interim evaluation, the tenure procedure according to W3 is initiated. The tenure procedures are regulated in the statutes and quality assurance concept for junior professorships and tenure-track professorships and agreed with the Ministry of Science (https://www.zuv.uni-freiburg.de/service/tenure). The prerequisite for the granting of tenure and the subsequent transfer to a W3 professorship is (1.) the fulfillment of the requirements according to the statutes and quality assurance concept and (2.) the fulfillment of the subject-specific criteria set by the Faculty of Biology.
The following application documents are requested:
• Curriculum vitae
• Certificates and documents
• Complete list of papers and lectures, naming the 5 most important publications
• Brief description of the current and planned research program
• List of current and previous projects including financial volume
We are particularly happy to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please apply in English using the printout of your application form and the above-mentioned documents and receipts, quoting the reference number 01181, by October 15, 2020 at the latest. Please send your application in writing or electronically to:
Dean of the Faculty of Biology
Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg
- What is transient in an RLC circuit
- What causes a heat rash on the legs
- How many players are in Mobile Legends
- Why did you study STEM at Yale
- What is Boyle's gas law
- How often do babies get pneumonia?
- How often do you use Instagram filters
- The dark energy is influenced by the force of gravity
- How does the risk affect an investment return?
- Why is excavation important to study history
- How could artists harm society?
- How can India grow anywhere
- Why do some eggs have triple yolks
- Are you a Coptic Catholic or Coptic Orthodox?
- Is Alexa safe and private
- How did you find supportive friends?
- How many industries are there for marketing
- How do we test in Tableau
- Is Wayang Kulit Indonesian or Malaysian
- What are the best part-time courses
- Is Google better than the internet
- Should i believe in faith
- Why would Mike Pence ever resign?
- What's the case of Bali nine
- Who is a good woman
- How can I learn MATLAB for physics
- Foam washing is bad for your bike
- Who controls the camshaft in the engine
- Who invented take-away?
- How uniform are the European train systems
- How did the saber metric take over baseball
- What is the best free betting app
- Can a man join fashion design?