What is Francisco Pizarro doing now
Francisco Pizarro conquers the Inca Empire in South America
From 1532 the Conquest of Pizarro. Although he brought with him only a small army of 159 men, he was able to conquer the vast empire of the Inca. It extended to the area of today's states Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia, i.e. on the west coast of South America.
Who was Pizarro?
Francisco Pizarro was a Spanish conquistador. He was born in 1476 (maybe also 1478). From 1502 he lived in America, more precisely on the island of Hispaniola. From 1509 he accompanied several expeditions to the Caribbean coasts of today's countries Colombia and Panama. Rumors of great wealth in the New World eventually led him to travel back to Spain. There he received permission from the Spanish king to conquer the country 600 miles south of Panama for the Spanish crown. Pizarro would then become governor of "New Castile", as the country was called.
The conquest of the Inca Empire
In 1532 he arrived in Cajamarca. Pizarro was brutal and thousands of Inca died in the Battle of Cajamarca. The Incas had confidently laid down their weapons and were simply slaughtered. Against the firearms and cannons, the Inca did not come up against other fights. Nor did they know any horses or fighting dogs that the Spaniards carried with them. Though they were vastly outnumbered, the Inca therefore lost to the Spaniards.
The Spaniards mercilessly plundered the Incas. She became tons of times Gold and silver jewelry melted down. After the Inca king, Atahualpa, was executed, the Inca resistance continued to decline. Cuzco, the capital of the Inca, was captured and the Spaniards took power.
The Inca culture has been extinguished. Many Indians died from diseases such as measles, smallpox and flu that were brought in by the Europeans. The Spaniards also used the Inca as cheap labor in the gold and silver mines, where many lost their lives.
You can find more about the Inca at: Who were the Inca and what is Machu Picchu? And here it goes to Peru.
- What is bad public relations
- Why do models have flawless skin
- Which animes have the best antagonists
- Hitchcock was knighted
- Where is Luxembourg located
- What is the apple problem
- Why did Trump file for bankruptcy
- NASCAR is more representative of traditional America
- What are surprising facts about Russia
- What if you only drink gin
- How do I get distance in life
- Why did the class society begin
- Is that Hatsune Miku
- Which sanitary tools should the company provide?
- What Causes Locked in Syndrome LIS
- Is PM modes present in Quora
- Which is better Betfair or Bet365
- Wolverine is a mutant
- Accepts the grocery store EBT
- Which file system does unRAID use
- How good is SASTRA University of Biotechnology
- How is Hostinger hosting
- How competitive is the aerospace industry
- Did you fix your cameras