What are the new media technologies
AbstractBased on a recently published qualitative-reconstructive study on “generation-specific media practice cultures” (Schäffer 2003a), selected methodological and methodological issues are to be discussed in this article. For this purpose, I will first clarify formal sociological and educational categories that are important for the work, since here - against the background of the paradigm of the documentary method represented here (Bohnsack 1997) - the course is also given for the methodological and methodological conception of a research project. The central theoretical concepts of the work include that of the generation and that of habitual dealing with the media. Initially, I will outline the first-mentioned term by examining relevant quantitative research designs (especially cohort approaches) in order to then reposition it using Karl Mannheim's concept of generation and make it fruitful for media-pedagogical generation research. When it comes to the concept of habitual dealing with the media, I refer to the approach of the sociologist of technology Bruno Latour and introduce the concept of generation-specific media practice cultures. Following this, I present the research design and its empirical implementation in its most important aspects, and in particular go into the process of type formation. Finally, I will present a central result of the study - a typology of habitual behavior with media technologies - and then briefly outline their media-pedagogical relevance.
- Is graphene a futuristic material?
- Where can I buy and sell Peercoin
- Which instant messaging apps are popular
- How can I learn to kayak faster
- A narcissist is high when you are low
- How does geography affect Taiwan's military defense?
- What are some Bible verses that describe heaven
- How's the cowboy culture in Houston
- What makes drawing difficult for most people
- Using the developer option will void the warranty
- Should we expose ourselves to extraterrestrials
- How relevant is Spinoza for systems theory
- Would you please delete my profile
- What is the hierarchy of the British nobility
- Feel free to go to Pompeii
- Does a BHMS correspond to an MBBS
- Redeem Walmart Georgia lottery tickets
- Why do we use a circuit breaker
- Has someone started a business that is broke?
- Start the diaspora or not
- Can a person hypnotize themselves
- What does postmodernism mean in literature
- What is underestimated at Florida State University
- How can people understand their prejudices