Contains polypropylene BPA
What does BPA-free mean and where is BPA contained?
What does BPA-free mean?
"BPA-free" means that there is no B.isphenol A. is included. Bisphenol A is a Plasticizers in plastics and resins. It is contained in many everyday objects such as drinking bottles, food containers or plastic dishes and can come into contact with foodstuffs from products containing BPA and then get into the human body.
Why is BPA used?
The chemical bisphenol A was already used in the 1960s to manufacture synthetic resins, polyesters, polycarbonates and other plastics.
The economic and technical importance of bisphenol A is enormous: plastics based on BPA are very light, extremely dimensionally stable and transparent. In addition, they are easy to dye. As a plasticizer, BPA also ensures that materials smoother, more flexible and more stretchable become.
Which products can BPA be found in?
The chemical BPA can e.g. in plastic products, on the Inside of beverage and food cans, but also appear in tickets or parking tickets. Also in Articles for babies and toddlersBPA has been detected in pacifiers, bottles or plastic toys. Also Plastic dishes, paper and plastic cups, CDs or Food packaging are treated with BPA.
The manufacture and sale of soothers and baby bottles made from bisphenol A was already banned by law in the EU in 2011 or was voluntarily withdrawn from the market by the manufacturers. Since then, only BPA-free products have been on the market here. However, BPA is still present in many other areas - for example in the manufacture of drinking bottles.
How does BPA get into the body?
By Heating of the packaging material, parts of the chemical can become detached from the plastic product and migrate into food, i.e. food or liquid.
An example: If a plastic bottle is heated in the car for several hours by exposure to the sun, the substance will migrate into the water. For the same reason, you should not put hot drinks or food in containers made of polycarbonate, because here too the plasticizer can be dissolved out by the heat generated.
What are the effects of BPA on human health?
There are numerous scientific studies on the effects of BPA on human health (see, for example, information on BPA from the Federal Environment Agency). The research showed that BPA is a substance with hormone-like effects be. Bisphenol A can inhibit the physical development of children and disrupt the hormonal balance in adults, which can also affect fertility. The chemical can also contribute to cardiovascular disease, liver problems and diabetes.
Bisphenol A has been on the REACH candidate list since January 2018 because of its harmful effects on humans and its environmental properties. REACH is a chemicals regulation of the European Union, which serves to protect human health and the environment from the risks that can arise from chemicals.
At the beginning of 2015, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) lowered the limit value for bisphenol A from 50 micrograms to 4 micrograms per kilogram of body weight and day. This value is currently considered to be harmless to health.
How can you prevent the dangers of BPA?
However, the effects and potential harm of the BPA chemical on human health remain controversial issues. The clear answer to the question of how to prevent the dangers of BPA should therefore be: You do without it completely and only buy products labeled as BPA-free.
This is particularly easy with drinking bottles: You can just as easily use drinking bottles made of BPA-free plastics or stainless steel. In the Bergzeit Shop you will also find BPA-free drinking bottles for children as well as BPA-free bicycle bottles.
BPA-free products at Bergzeit
That is why we at Bergzeit have put together on one page all products for which the manufacturers guarantee that they are BPA-free. In this way, you can avoid BPA in outdoor equipment such as drinking bottles, hydration bladders or food containers.
More about sustainability in the outdoor industry
- Will Tom Waits ever release another album?
- What is the difference between AMPPS and XAMPP
- What is biblical theology
- What emotional investment will someone gain?
- Make K-pop idols like Indian girls
- What do neuroscientists think of evolutionary psychology
- Would you like to hit the jackpot
- Could the Cybersyn project have been successful?
- What is your favorite desk setup for programming
- What are some common genetic disorders
- How many musicians use an iPad
- What is a sustainable economic opportunity
- Is Uber the best taxi booking service
- Is Microsoft better than Apple and Google
- Why doesn't my eyes go away
- What is a bond orbital
- Where are good theplas sold in Bangalore
- What are the new media technologies
- How do people create text art
- Who are your favorite blues guitarists
- Bruce Wayne would use social media
- What year did you come to KGEC?
- Which amendment is religious freedom
- Why do we need restrictions on freedom
- Where can I see jobs with the central government
- Is MSG a good substitute for salt?
- What is lead attribution
- What is the dimension of angular velocity
- Amravati is a graphic city
- Does our universe necessarily or conditionally exist?
- What is a negative interest rate loan
- How can textile designers reduce waste
- Why do people buy Mahindra SUVs