Is Sarah J Maas a problematic writer
"The book is problematic, but ..."
TW // APHOBIA AND HOMOPHOBIA
In chapter 3 of the sample of ACOWAR, we see this. My ace and queer friends, be careful. This isn't okay. pic.twitter.com/faqRnvRYxc
- Ava (@Bookishwithtea) April 27, 2017
You know, the very first thing my head was looking for was excuses again. I would wait until A Court of Wings and Ruin is outside and then make a picture for myself. The two characters in the excerpt are twins. And so on. This justification thinking is so deep inside me that it has become a reflex. It frightened myself. It resulted in my sitting in front of my laptop reading dozens of discussions about this reading, with the copy of next to me, mind you A Court of Thorns and Roses. And I wondered how I would justify it if I was mine A Court of Wings and Ruin would gain. What if i like it? What if i got it Not would like? How should I review this?
How am I supposed to review this and ignore the fact that the woman I called my favorite writer has damn bad things in her books? How am I supposed to review this and talk about these things, me who celebrated it all? Does that make me a bad fan?
But am I still a fan at all? Most of all what do I have done? Finally, I recommended these books. There are enough people around me who do Throne of Glass-Row or the ACOTAR-Books because of me have picked up. And somehow I feel like I've failed. I feel miserable and rightly so. Because evenI set a role model every damn time I'm on herePublish press.
I don't remember what I wanted to say with the post. I just know that I had to say it because I no longer have it Not could say. Because I also know that there are a lot of Maas fans among you, and I'm sorry, but somehow we can no longer hide the whole thing. No i'm not sorry. I'm just sorry I wasn't any better either. That I am also one of the "The book is problematic, but ..." saga. Heard? I hope you heard.
I dont know if I A Court of Wings and Ruin will buy. I think I do the Throne of Glass-Gonna finish row when the time comes. Does that make me a worse person? I do not know that. But I can say one thing for sure: I won't shut up anymore if I find it strange that every character now has a loveinterest. I will not be silent anymore. Because the status “favorite” - something does not protect any book or author from his mistakes. No way.
over Paper Princess ‘ Problem: Paper Princess, an example; Or: what the hell is wrong with you guys ?! ಠ_ಠ devour books.
Also very read: the review too ACOTARby Mareike.
A video from whittynovels about harmful relationships in young adults.
And finally the blog Writing with Color, where everything is simply great - not least because it talks about all the PoC tropes that far too many of us have put up with for far too long.
Nina C. Hasse wrote an excellent article on problems in romance novels.
(If you have more posts, just let me know: I would like to link you.)
- Does patience work
- What are the techniques of freehand drawing
- What causes a mosquito bite to swell
- When do you need a sinus surgery?
- Is PSG College co ed
- Why is everyone doing engineering
- Should I write references on my résumé
- Why is electricity created
- How much money did King Solomon have
- How do you think about handwriting
- Is the FDA angry
- Why do friendships fade over time
- Are people naturally inclined to write poetry
- What is the system administrator in Windows
- What are some career management activities
- How warmth wanders through the room
- Who designed the Desk com website
- Difference between a RAM and a CMOS
- Is PSG College co ed
- The US is the worst country
- What is a good biography of Donald Trump
- What's your ultra sad but resolute song
- Why will email marketing dominate 2019