Who are major employers in Bentonville Arkansas
Photo galleryThe 10 Largest Companies in the United States
The United States is considered the country of origin of large international corporations. Companies like Ford, which can look back on more than a century, have been supporting the US economy for decades, providing taxes, goods and well-paying jobs. The old industries still exist today, but the comparatively young Silicon Valley corporations have made the leap to the top to General Motors, Exxon and Co. and in some cases even overtook them. Here are the top 10 US companies by revenue.
# 10 General Motors: Just ahead of Ford, the automotive company made it into the top 10. The Detroit-based company embodies the American automotive industry like no other with brands such as Chevrolet, Hummer and Cadillac. Sales are $ 157 billion. In the domestic market, the group has a market share of around 18 percent. The numbers in the ranking refer to the Forbes list of the largest American companies.
# 9 AT&T: The telecommunications company has sales of 160 billion US dollars. The formerly largest telephone company, which for many years operated and managed at will in the American market like a monopoly, is still one of the world's largest players in the telecommunications industry. The company abbreviation stands for "American Telephone and Telegraph Company". The company's headquarters are in Dallas, Texas.
# 8 Amazon: Compared to the previous year, Amazon was able to increase its sales by 30 percent. No other company has such high growth rates. The Seattle-based company turned over around 178 billion US dollars in 2017. However, the $ 3 billion profit has room for improvement as measured by sales. The profit rate is just 1.7 percent.
# 7 CVS Health: The pharmaceutical distributor celebrates its 55th anniversary this year. By the end of 2014, cigarettes were even sold in the almost 8,000 branches. That would not be compatible with the principles of CVS, so the CEO Larry Merlo. Despite the resulting drop in sales, CVS is one of the largest companies in the United States. Last year sales were $ 185 billion.
# 6 McKesson: McKesson, headquartered in San Francisco, is the largest healthcare company in terms of sales. The group had sales of around 199 billion dollars in 2017. The market value is the lowest in the ranking at $ 29 billion. For comparison: Amazon is on the stock exchange with $ 700 billion.
- What is the difference between NRE and NGO
- How are aurora lights created and why
- What is the face value in trading
- How to root Samsung Android phone
- How can I buy lift shares online
- Which is worse bronchitis or pneumonia
- What is the differentiation of the unit step function
- Cisco certifications have an expiration date
- Are SSDs worth the price
- What does double mean in the C language
- Mindfulness causes lucid dreaming
- Does a catalyst influence the activation energy
- What customer profiles are there in private customer business
- Can a poisoned dog be cured
- What happens to benefit from expired Groupons
- What is acne and its cause
- What is Salesforce DX
- Is 0.25mg lorazepam dangerous
- Should I buy stocks in AbbVie?
- What is telepathy? Is it real
- Can psychopaths feel anger?
- Is Wipro Gurgaon a BPO
- What are the basic concepts of science
- Which country has the most wild boars
- How painful is a navel piercing
- What is a pipe specification
- What is a water footprint
- Is lithium bigger than magnesium
- Is Amazon's Alexa connected to the FBI
- Why are people crazy about others
- What is your opinion on Michael Haneke
- What is offline
- Which artist sang the song Sundress