How to start learning web technology
Get to know the internet
Get to know the internet is a short Series of articles introducing applied web development. You will learn the tools you need to build a simple website and publish your own code.
The story of your first website
It takes a lot of work to design a professional website. If you're just starting out in web development, we encourage you to start small. You won't be creating the next Facebook right away, but it's not hard to get your own simple website online, so let's get started.
If you work your way through this series of articles in sequence, you can create your first website online without any prior knowledge. Let's get started!
Install the necessary software
There is a wide variety of tools for creating websites. If you're just getting started, you might be stunned by the amount of code editors, frameworks, and testing tools available. In our article Install Necessary Software, we will show you step by step how to install this software.
What will your first website look like?
Before you start writing code for your website, plan out your website. What information would you like to show? Which fonts and colors would you like to use? What will your first website look like? We'll show you an easy way to plan the content and design of your site.
A website is made up of many files: text content, code, style sheets, media, and so on. When creating a web page, you have to organize the files in a meaningful way and make sure that they "know" about each other. Using files explains how to create a meaningful file structure right from the start.
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is the code you will use to structure a web page and give it meaning and purpose. For example: is my text a bullet point or a paragraph? Do I add pictures to my website? Do I present data clearly in the form of a table? The HTML Basics will give you enough information to become familiar with HTML.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is the code with which you determine the style and appearance of your page: Should the text be red or black? Where do you want this section to appear on the screen? Which images and colors should be used in the background? CSS Basics shows you how to visually design a web page.
Publish your website
When you've written your code and organized the files on your new website, you're ready to put your website online so other people can find it. Publishing your website shows how to make it available on the Internet.
How the web works
When you access your favorite website, a lot of complex things happen without you even realizing them. How the web works gives an overview of the processes that take place in the background of a website.
- Web Demystified: A great series of videos that explain the basics of the web and are aimed at absolute beginners in web development. Created by Jérémie Patonnier.
- The Web and Web Standards: This article provides some useful background about the Web - how it came about, what are the major technologies on the Web, how they work together, why "Web Designer" is a great job, and what kinds of "best practices" You will learn in this course.
- Who cracked the Enigma code
- Is it worth moving on in life
- AliExpress is reliable for countries outside of China
- Are boundaries drawn to sociopaths
- What fruit is good for eczema
- See Tajiks and Afghans BBC Persian
- Why should you work at A9
- For me ___________ is everything
- Protestant fathers may marry
- What is your preferred hunting method
- Scare camels horses
- Why is good web design important
- What is the IPCC 2015 Audit Plan
- What's the smallest lawsuit ever
- Why is the dark age called that
- How is RFID activated
- What is a common unnecessary operation
- What is the biggest airplane in india
- How are climbs in road cycling classified
- Uses Google's Knowledge Graph Dbpedia
- How does Earl Gray tea taste
- What is beam deflection
- Do you have corn chips
- How powerful is internet marketing