What are some bad habits you have
We live in the mountains of Central Asia at an altitude of over 2,000 m. Winter is very hard here. For almost five months we have sub-zero temperatures and everyone has to make sure that their house is somehow warm. In the Soviet era, coal was the most widely used heating material, but for some years now many have had electric heating. So it was part of everyday life for us in the first few years that the power did not fail just once. A transformer had blown over and over again. Once it took almost a week before the part could be replaced. But within a short time we got used to the fact that we had to sit with a kerosene lamp.
We all know the expression "humans are creatures of habit". Except for the term "animal", I fully agree with this. For example, almost all official documents are still in Russian today, because one is so used to it from the long period of occupation.
Our verse of the day speaks of the dire and momentous habit of "doing evil". Well, the Bible says it even more clearly: "There is no one who does good, not even one." This is a saying of the Creator about his creature, man. He shows relentlessly who we are and what we are in his eyes and, if we're honest, hits the nail on the head. But with the offer of his Son Jesus Christ he also shows us a possibility to break this habit: "If the Son will make you free, you will really be free" (John 8:36).
Contact the author.
- Do you recognize "bad habits" in yourself?
- Only Jesus Christ can change you so that bad habits are replaced by good ones.
- John 8: 31-36
- How does Microsoft software compare to apples
- What is an 852 EDI document
- Which Fallout 3 ending is Canon
- What gives positive breathalyzer test results
- How do I save changes in iMovie
- Are bad guys more successful with women
- The concept of infinity contradicts itself
- How common is theft at Walmart
- What are some popular Polish books
- Where is the speed of sound higher
- Can abortion pain last for years
- What is the best matte face primer
- Why is Google doing Fuchsia
- Political correctness is hypocritical in disguise
- Why are planes stable
- What's the saddest car you've ever owned
- Who really wins the primaries
- Why should I get an Uber Pass
- Has Siberia ever been a penal colony
- How did the Big Bang overcome gravity
- Can hydrogen ever power an engine?
- Do you think you are a hypocrite
- Why should I worry about being alone?
- Are there connections between two souls