Past editions of newspapers are available online
Online newspaper archives
The university library offers access to the online archives of important German and foreign daily and weekly newspapers.
Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
The Frankfurter Allgemeine Archiv offers about the BiblioNet search Access to more than 1.6 million articles in the FAZ, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, the Rhein-Main-Zeitung and the FAZ.NET. The BiblioNet goes back to 01/01/1993.
The archive F.A.Z. 49-92Contains over 2.8 million retro-digitized articles from more than 13,000 issues of the FAZ and its local section between November 1, 1949 and December 31, 1992. All articles are available in their original form.
The Nexis database contains over 1,000 newspapers from numerous countries and regions in full text. These include more than 50 regional and national German newspapers as well as important newspapers from Europe (e.g. Die Presse, Der Standard, The Guardian, The Independent, Le Figaro, Le Monde, Corriere della Sera, El Pais and many others) and other countries (e.g. New York Times, USA Today, Washington Post, South China Morning Post, and many others).
List of sources
SZ LibraryNet contains the Germany, Bavaria and Munich editions of the Süddeutsche Zeitung from 1992, the SZ-Magazin from 1999 and other SZ special editions (e.g. SZ-Extra, Primetime). From 1998 the articles can also be called up as newspaper pages in PDF format. The current Germany edition is available the day before at 10 p.m. (Bavaria and Munich editions each morning from 7 a.m.).
In the WISO database you can search for articles from over 100 daily and weekly newspapers in German-speaking countries. The full texts of the newspaper articles are available in HTML format (no images). The database is updated daily with new articles, most newspapers are available from the mid-1990s (see list of sources for more detailed information).
At a glance: Overview (74.2 KB) of important domestic and foreign daily and weekly newspapers with online access.
Further electronic newspapers can be found in the database information system DBIS
- Killed Loki Odin If so, how
- The blind cry while cutting onions
- Why aren't young children taught economics
- Can a parrot testify in court
- How do dips help strengthen muscles
- Smell smoke machines
- Who was the Lord Jesus in previous births
- How do I fix a flickering monitor
- Which African country is around 90 desert
- What was your worst mistake in Excel
- What is Michael Garciaparra known for?
- Was Hitler mourned by anyone?
- What are places to visit near Gokarna
- What are the economic costs of inflation?
- Are you taking dihydrogen monoxide?
- Who carries out the WOOE test series
- What does reunited mean?
- How can I market microblading
- What does a good run look like?
- Is there a line with an ENFP
- Can someone tell tricks on bet365
- Why did Alan Wilkins leave Star Sports
- Will we see God when we die?
- Everyone should become a vegetarian