Sells Walmart lawn mowers
Walmart can't do a toddler
If you feel like cooking yourself a formidable dinner after work, you don't have to first get into the car and drive to the edge of town to disappear into a supermarket hangar. Instead, go to the shop around the corner. It's just stupid when these shops around the corner belong to the competition, the American retail giant Walmart noticed in 2011 and started opening the first stores that don't have a parking lot the size of a football stadium in front of the door.
Three years later, "Walmart Express" was such a great success that US boss Bill Simon promised a whole lot more of it:
“The needs and expectations of customers are changing. They want to shop when and how they want, and we are changing to meet those expectations. "
Two weeks ago, Walmart President Doug McMillon indirectly stated that it was nonsense and announced that it would close 269 stores worldwide - including all 102 Walmart Express stores in the United States.
McMillon didn't say how it can be that Walmart got into doubt in such a short time from raving about it. Just that his company wants to focus again on the giant supercentres that Walmart is known for and want to continue to operate local shops.
The "Walmart Neighborhood Markets" are not exactly what most Europeans would understand them to be. While the Express branches were about the size of a modern Aldi with 1000 to 1300 square meters, a neighborhood market easily covers 3700 square meters - in this country that is almost at the bottom of what Kaufland is now coming to terms with (e.g. soon in Berlin) .
And looks like this:
There are several ways to explain why Walmart is giving up its express stores. One is that customers are getting used to ordering fresh food online and having it delivered to their home. The more flexible the systems (like Amazon Fresh) become, the more unnecessary a visit to the supermarket around the corner becomes.
At the same time, customers who value fresh, organically grown fruit and vegetables do not necessarily buy from Walmart, but rather from the organic competition.
The Wall Street Journal anticipated the other possible explanation in 2012: the Walmart system is simply not designed to supply small inner-city markets. But on mass. In some cases, the same pack sizes were offered in the express branches as in the shopping hangars on the outskirts, completely ignoring the actual needs of customers. The group believed that it could transfer the shopping experience from its supercenters to shops that only have a tenth of the space. That didn `t work. Neither does the strategy of simply renaming the small shops.
Obviously, as with its failure in Germany, the world's largest supermarket group is not so good at varying its strategy for locations and markets that do not function according to the same rules as the supercenters.
In addition to 50 to 60 new shopping hangars, 85 to 95 new neighborhood markets will be opened in the new financial year, explains Walmart. Something has to be there that can be closed again in two years.
- How do you make decisions about professions
- Can I start a computer without a CPU?
- When do elections take place in Afghanistan?
- How different is racism from feudalism
- How do I get to DnD
- What causes streptococcus
- Which are the most enduring parasols
- Which is more powerful BHP or HP
- Why can't all life be important
- In one sentence, how does matter exist?
- What is my favorite book
- What are some PUBG Mobile Zombie Tips
- Is it wrong to enjoy solitude?
- How am I supposed to wear a hoodie
- What does the porosity of the team refer to?
- What is your favorite boat for sailing
- Will Tom Waits ever release another album?
- What are some movies like superbad
- How do you create a museum
- What is the language of Utter Pradesh
- How do I rate enterprise content management
- There is light white or dark black
- How are databases used
- What are SEO tricks for Pinterest
- How can DVD be rejuvenated?
- Difference Between SEO and PPC
- Makes Hike money
- What are the uses for ammonia
- The iPhone 11 has a reverse charge
- What is 000 exe
- Does fiction ever have any political influence
- What is a human capital resource
- What are the best internet security apps