What is an emergency lie
"A lie can also be necessary"
Experts estimate that people lie up to 200 times a day. Even at work, people lie to bosses, colleagues and customers. In economics and politics, an untruth can sometimes be the better alternative.
"Lying means consciously telling the untruth in order to gain an advantage.
So a lie is (almost) never a trivial offense? ", Innsbruck lawyer Gerd Pichler informs. But: In a decision from 1998, the Supreme Court made it clear that" white lies "that an employee uses to inflict minor breaches of duty The labor law expert explains that, for example, the question of pregnancy asked during a job interview may be answered untruthfully in the negative.
So far so good. But what does it mean from a business ethical point of view to lie in a work context?
For the business ethicist, simulating a sick leave to the employer is already "a form of ethically dismissible lie". Although mostly perceived as a minor offense, it is a form of fraud because it is used to claim benefits, both from the employer and from the health system, without you being entitled to them. Even if customers are lied to or cheated with false statements, this is morally reprehensible. "The line to lie is very close in business, especially in advertising," says Guggenberger.
Lawyer Gerd Pichler knows whether the employer can force an employee to lie for the company and, if he refuses, even threaten labor law measures such as dismissal: "In some cases it will be permissible to give the employee instructions to a customer to say the untruth if this appears necessary in the interests of the company, for example to prevent damage to its image. "
Means that the employer may ask the employee to lie, provided that the white lie does not conflict with the interests of the employee.
However, if the lie is justified and refused by the employee, the supervisor can fire that employee. "When assessing whether an instruction is to be followed or not, the courts have to weigh the interests of the employer and the employee against each other. This question will therefore always have to be assessed on a case-by-case basis," explains Pichler in detail.
Lies or falsehoods are not always reprehensible, in order to remain euphemistic.
Source: Tiroler Tageszeitung, April 4, 2020 by Nina Zacke
- Why does the Pakistani government support terrorists
- Where can someone gain accounting experience 1
- Why are envy and pride not good
- What is Firefox Ghostery
- When will WWE 2K19 be released?
- What is algorithm C.
- Hibernate trees and plants in winter
- How far is NASA with Kepler research
- What purpose do emus serve
- What are the scientific laws in chemistry
- Jockey is an Indian brand
- Is banana good for pregnancy
- Which are Top Social Book Marking Sites
- Why makes you vehement
- What currency does Israel use
- Authoritative parenting is best
- Did dinosaurs migrate between species?
- How do you escape multiple attackers
- How can I write well-rounded characters
- How to root Redmi 3s prime
- What is the Macoca Law
- Where does ketamine come from
- What percentage qualifies for Native American Achievement?
- Does the Japanese have a word for no
- Is test cricket on his deathbed
- How do you treat leucorrhea during pregnancy
- What are space and satellites
- Can I give juice to my plants
- Why is it difficult to overcome fear
- There are fewer women in the sales career
- What is organic farming and defoliation
- What color should I paint my restaurant
- NASCAR is more representative of traditional America