How will the scouts change?
The path from child to adult
The person who does not make plans makes no progress in life. (Lord Robert Baden-Powell)
Scouts from the VCP can be seen at first glance at which age group they are currently active. Because the blue scarves of the VCP have a colored border that indicates this: Orange is the color of the children or the wolf level, green is the scout level, Bordeaux is the ranger * rover and purple is the color of the adults in the VCP. There is a good reason for this classification. Together with their group, scouts go a long way on the way from child to young adult, whereby interests and skills change. The VCP attaches great importance to offering an age- and development-appropriate program. In this way, scouts in the VCP can always look forward to new content, adventures and challenges that are adapted to their horizon of experience and experience.
The association-wide framework conditions for high-quality work with children and young people are defined in the VCP's “Pathfinding is Fun” stage concept.
Child or wolves level
Scouting in the VCP begins at the child level. Children aged 7 to 10 come together here to play, romp, sing, do handicrafts and forays into nature. This level is characterized by its own methods, forms of work and programs that are reserved for this age. The group leaders often use a game idea that runs as a red thread through the entire time of the children's level and with which abstract topics can also be dealt with in a child-friendly manner. The preferred game idea are the stories from the jungle book by Rudyard Kipling.
Boy Scout Level
This age group covers the age range between 10 and 16 years. Since needs and desires, but also skills change significantly during this time, there are two phases:
Young scouts are 10 to 13 years old and wear a scarf with a light green border. The transition from child level to young scouting is usually also associated with changing from a larger group (pack) to a small group (clan). This gives security, teaches tolerance and trains social behavior. As a new challenge, the young scouts now attract the first real tent camps where they can put their scouting skills to the test.
Boy scouts are between 13 and 16 years old and wear a scarf with a dark green border. Like other people of this age, Boy Scouts are looking for their own values. Musical, manual and sporting activities are becoming more and more important, as are adventures and experiences. Often the first big trip abroad and the encounter with scouts from other countries beckons as a new challenge in the scout level.
Ranger and rover level
If you have outgrown the scout level, you will be called a scout ranger and a scout rover. Young people at this level are preoccupied with many life planning issues. Questions about one's own identity, politics and society, religion, profession as well as relationship and sexuality are in the foreground. Our own methods, forms of work and programs take these needs into account. Now is the time to realize your own projects and plan and carry out actions. From this age, scouts can also work as group leaders, for which they are prepared in training courses and courses.
Adults in the VCP
You stay a scout for a lifetime. Even after your own group time, there are many opportunities in the VCP to get involved. Adults often take on committee work or provide support in the background. Many form networks and groups of friends. The association strives again and again to question the existing forms of offerings for adults and to develop them further.
- Has Donald Trump ever visited Accra Ghana
- If Trump resigns, Mueller's investigation will continue
- What is the benefit of the Namaskarartha mantra
- Does Hike Run really count steps
- What does the porosity of the team refer to?
- Who is more complex boy or girl
- Does MTV Roadies lose its charm 1
- Which job is for fresh graduates
- Why should you work at A9
- Why is my septic tank overflowing?
- What are the admission criteria for IISER
- Animals can see demons
- What surprised you most about Israel?
- What does
- How do you read a plate
- Are the drugs bad mentality good
- Vivaldi played the viola
- Does the pre-qualification influence a creditworthiness
- Why is Goal C a dynamic language
- Xbox Kinect will ignore the family dog
- What is conditional logistic regression
- How does data comparison help in marketing?
- How can I make my followers happy
- What is a price adjustment
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a Swedish patriot
- Why do I have no entrepreneurial skills
- How often is the anchor used in negotiations
- Are Hungary and Ukraine enemies?
- How is the Internet shaping today's society
- What do you mean by cloakroom courtesy
- What happens after incrementing a NULL pointer
- What are the functions of MySQL
- What is the Worst Stage of Depression