What are snipers doing on duty
We started our service together with the mountain hunters in April 2015 and as a team we got the opportunity to specialize as snipers. We were selected for this and had to prove ourselves in a special training course. We only exist in pairs and together we go through thick and thin as a team. For us it means: "Not my commitment, but our commitment".
When we are out with our patrol, we take on a lot of tasks. We mainly observe our surroundings very closely and ensure the safety of the other soldiers. The most important thing is seeing, recognizing and identifying people or vehicles from a distance. We are trained to recognize and assess possible threats and can use our weapons to fight targets at great distances.
The sniper squad has taken a stand and is watching the environment: Jonas and Maximilian secure the others.
Photo: © Bundeswehr / Uwe Weber
Immediately before operations, we carefully prepare our equipment, update maps and get our vehicles ready to go. When we're out as a sniper squad, it gets exciting. Jonas is the sniper who observes the environment and fends off any attackers. I also have my gun with me, watch and take Jonas' shot at the target. That means that I give Jonas the information he needs to adjust his rifle. For example, it is about the exact distance to the target or influences from the weather. The special climatic conditions here demand a lot from us snipers. In addition to the physical exertion, it is good that we can support each other in every situation and blindly rely on each other.
As part of the MINUSMA mission, the Bundeswehr is present in Mali. We think this is a strong signal to the people here. We want to do a bit to ensure that they can return to normal and help stabilize Mali. Our presence should make the population feel safer.
During the readiness phases there is time for sporting activities in the camp.
Photo: © Bundeswehr / Uwe Weber
We hope that everyone stays healthy for the rest of our time. Hopefully the corona measures in Germany will be relaxed a little after our return so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we had to do without here again.
- What Are Some Benefits Of Wheat Schnitzel?
- Which website teaches guitar motif development
- Is the H1-NMR for 1 phenylethanol
- Why do people gamble rather than invest
- What are some basic macrame knots
- What are some views on pet abuse
- Lastly, do emotional affairs with coworkers
- Are there westerners who support ISIS?
- What is the Hindi word for loosening
- May Gulf Arabs have blue eyes
- Could a creature live in space
- What if there was no white revolution?
- My fear of finding love is irrational
- What makes the CIA so special
- Can I post random articles on the Wattpad?
- Why are there so many gypsy kings
- Why can violins sound so scary
- How long have you been supporting Arsenal?
- All of our knowledge comes from experience
- Is WiJungle the best firewall for companies
- What language is spoken in Taiwan
- Who made the first hypersonic aircraft
- Why did India become so religious
- What's the best cheap Canadian whiskey
- Can there be 5 runs in cricket
- Darkens grape seed oil the hair
- Did Iran help the Jews during World War II?
- Which guitar pedals emulate organ sounds?
- How can Quora compete with Medium
- Can rabbits eat plums
- Can one call Varanasi an international city?
- Did the Elizabethans arrange marriages
- What is organic rock music