Does automation affect Amazon Web Services jobs
The leading provider of public cloud services that users can order and implement using the self-service method is called Amazon Web Services (AWS). According to information from Rightscale, a provider of management and analysis software for cloud environments, around 59 percent of companies used cloud services that ran on the AWS platform in 2017. Another 18 percent are experimenting with such services and nine percent plan to use Amazon's cloud platform.
For comparison: According to Rightscale, 43 percent of companies use Microsoft Azure; around 22 percent carry out tests with the platform. Well behind AWS and Azure are Google (15 percent market share) and IBM (10 percent). However, AWS was able to "only" increase its market share by three percent between 2016 and 2017. Azure, on the other hand, posted an increase of 17 percent.
One reason for the high values is that in addition to public cloud services in the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) area, AWS provides a wide range of tools for customers who want to develop, test and deploy applications using the AWS platform, keyword platform -as-a-service. This includes DevOp tools and services to develop mobile services. AWS also offers data warehouses, Hadoop clusters and databases.
Also read in our "Cloud giants" series:
Microsoft Azure - with the German cloud to new sources of money
Google Cloud Platform is supposed to stand up to AWS
The Oracle cloud still has a lot of room for improvement
T-Systems - with four IaaS platforms against AWS and Co.
IBM Softlayer and Bluemix on the test bench
AWS is a bubbling source of money for Amazon
For the parent company Amazon, AWS has now developed into a solid source of income. In the first half of fiscal 2017, AWS had revenues of approximately $ 7.8 billion and EBITDA of $ 1.8 billion. The parent company Amazon came in the same period on an operating profit of 1.6 billion dollars, but with a significantly higher turnover of 73.6 billion dollars.
It is therefore not surprising that AWS now plays a central role for the group. This also has to do with the fact that management wants to present analysts and shareholders with a division of the company that generates high profit margins. Because in the past few months the criticism of the moderate profitability of the entire company has grown. However, this also means that AWS "has to deliver" in the future as well, that is, to achieve the highest possible profits.
- The liquid in yogurt is whey protein
- Where is Futala in Nagpur
- What is copper conductor
- How is the power-to-weight ratio calculated
- Who is the founder of Connester
- Why did the LTTE kill Premadasa
- Some people are just inferior to others
- Makes marijuana smoke
- What foods have antibiotic properties
- Which insurance is taken out for you yourself
- What instruments are used in Soviet music
- What makes us say: I love you
- Was Anna Kournikova a good tennis player
- Who cracked the Enigma code
- Who are your favorite blues guitarists
- How has technology helped advance LGBT rights?
- Why does Web MD exaggerate people's symptoms
- Music or silence
- Can a person be too goal oriented
- How do I calm down and concentrate
- Can I use jasmine living in India
- How to fill grass areas
- Is PayPal regulated
- Can CBD relieve my joint pain
- What are some interesting facts about telecommunications
- Can blockchain technology disrupt the journalism industry?
- How many of the Delhiites support AAP
- What is the advantage of international franchising
- How do I take mushrooms
- Why is my metabolism so slow
- How can I sleep less 1
- What is trade capture
- What is your favorite species of owl
- Why do you prefer the bus