How do I have to read
Motivated to readFoundation, endowment Read: "It got to no 1000-sided ham be"
The pandemic is actually the best time to read more again. But how do you find a book that is fun and doesn't stretch like chewing gum? Daniel Schnock from the Reading Foundation gives tips on how to make reading better as a hobby.
Especially during Corona, reading seems to be a good alternative to staring at the screen all the time. We all have a different relationship to reading: some devour one novel after the next, others have had a hard time reading books since school.
Motivation to read can be strengthened in different ways
The course for our motivation to read is set very early, says Daniel Schnock from the Reading Foundation: "When children are read to us regularly, several times a week, children have a more positive relationship to stories." This makes it easier to learn to read in school and promotes the desire to read in the long term.
"Then this is a gateway drug that you will hopefully get stuck on for life."
Daniel is convinced that reading is not only fun, but also the "basis for active participation in society". "I can only form an opinion if I can read," he says. This also includes understanding other perspectives.
This is not only linked to literature: Reading not only happens when you open a book, but also when you check a WhatsApp message on your smartphone.
"Reading is the basis of democracy, of education."
If you feel like reading more during the pandemic, you don't have to start straight away with challenging tomes, says Daniel. "I'm not saying: I want to run a marathon and then I start training with 20 kilometers. Of course, I will fail with a bang. It might be better to start with five kilometers and, accordingly, maybe first with a book, that 100, 150 pages. "
Daniel's tips for more motivation to read
- To be a reader does not mean that you have to read everything from Goethe, Thomas Mann and Günther Grass. "It's not always about reading the great classics," says Daniel. "Of course you can read anything that is fun. It doesn't have to be high literature."
- The length of the book also says nothing about the quality of the book or the skills of the person reading it: "It doesn't have to be a 1000-page ham. It can also be something short of 70 pages, which is simply fun." If you want to get back to reading, a shorter book is actually more suitable, notes Daniel.
- If you don't know which book you like, you should approach other media and, for example, look up which films or series you like are based on books. You could also rediscover books that you liked as a child or adolescent. "Of course I can read them again as an adult," says Daniel.
- Comics, mangas, magazines, and graphic novels are books too. In general, variety is important, emphasizes Daniel: "Just because I like cheese sandwiches doesn't mean that I eat cheese sandwiches every day."
- You don't have to feel a sense of duty to always finish reading books. Sometimes it just doesn't fit: "I don't have to finish a book if I don't like it."
- What is a Mozambican language
- Are perfect squares for natural numbers only
- Why do some people hate Oracle
- What is the Use of Forex Exchange
- How many places are there in CDAC
- Voyager 2 was hacked in space
- Which African country is around 90 desert
- Can a landlord remove your property
- How can I deal with the pressure from my relatives
- How to stop putting off homework
- What is the most valuable survival tool
- What is negative branding
- How do stainless steel ice cubes work?
- Is it okay to ignore women
- What is environmental planning about?
- Men always masturbate
- Is chocolate good for you?
- Who do you usually write to
- What is mind control
- Have you ever turned down your own crush?
- Is thorium renewable
- How is Moodle viewed these days
- How do you win after 10 + 2
- Many people visit Japan
- How does the bicycle industry work
- What exactly is brane cosmology
- What is 17 of 17
- What does Kankuro
- How can I address EHR interoperability issues
- Have you visited Kusal Nagar Karnataka?
- What is etching in IC manufacturing
- Why Brands Promote Their Snapchat Account
- Is a libertarian ideal