How can I safely download Minecraft mods
Minecraft mods for beginners: download and installation
Minecraft with its pixel worlds has fascinated players from all age and person groups for 11 years and encourages ever more creative approaches, structures and game ideas.
The sandbox game is regularly expanded with new content. But the updates released by the developer only scratch the surface of what is possible in Minecraft. Thousands of player-created expansions, known as mods, are just waiting to be discovered and new content to be added to the game.
In the following we will show you how to install and use mods for Minecraft with the convenient tools Forge and MultiMC.
Preparation: Create a backup of Minecraft
Before you get down to modding Minecraft, it's a good idea to make a backup first. It's child's play and if something should go wrong while modding, you still have the game ready without having to completely reinstall it.
To create a backup of Minecraft, do the following:
- Simultaneously press the two keys [Win] and [R] to open the Run window. [Win] is the key with the Windows logo.
- In the opened window, enter "% appdata%" to reveal the hidden AppData folder.
- Copy the contained ".minecraft" folder to another location, for example your desktop or a backup folder you created.
You already have a backup of the game and we can start modding.
Mods for Minecraft: change version number
As the game continues to evolve, the mod you want may not be compatible with the latest version of Minecraft. Always make sure that your Minecraft version matches the version number given for the mod.
If the two do not match, the Minecraft version can be changed in a few simple steps. That's how it's done:
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select the "Installations" tab.
- Click "New" to choose another version of Minecraft.
- Choose a name, such as Modded, the version number you want, and a storage directory.
- Press "Create" to complete the process.
Most stable mods run on Minecraft version "1.12.2" at the moment. If you intend to use several mods, it is advisable to select this version.
Download: Download Minecraft Mods
Anyone who downloads user-created content such as mods should always make sure that they come from trustworthy sources. Otherwise, malware can quickly get onto the computer.
The following safe sites already offer beginners a wide range of mods:
- In addition to mods, Planet Minecraft also offers a variety of other community functions such as servers, skins and maps.
- Curseforge offers over 60,000 mods - so you can browse to your heart's content here.
- Minecraft forum is particularly clear. Here you can quickly filter for the appropriate Minecraft version number.
Just browse the pages a little to find mods that expand your game perfectly - or use one of our favorite mods that we introduce to you on page 3.
Xbox Game Pass Games: New Games for May 2021
New GTA 5 Mod: GTA 6 could be so beautiful
- What is the psychology behind recurring dreams
- Which elements form anions
- Are products actually branded on Myntra
- Did dinosaurs migrate between species?
- Is it a disadvantage to have a female executive?
- Where do the kinematic equations come from
- What is working depth
- What is Islamic Jurisprudence
- Can a Brute Force Go AI work
- What are brakes
- Is it possible to manifest true love?
- Where can I buy iBeacon in India
- How do I get a TIPS certificate
- What is the formula of mercury
- Must pay taxes to crowdfunding
- Were Hitler and Stalin psychopaths
- What is the normal intra duodenal pressure
- Have you ever been impressed to meet someone?
- What combats infections in the body
- What is an inert electrode
- Why shouldn't I buy a Dominar 2019?
- How did the Palauian language come about
- Which enhances the taste of a risotto
- How to avoid family reunions