What is coated steel
Maintenance-free corrosion protection and robustness against mechanical loads are essential features of hot-dip galvanized steel. Both can be used with the Duplex system by combining the galvanizing with an overlying, single or multiple colored coating. This protects the zinc coating from atmospheric and chemical influences, while the duration of protection of the combination is higher than the sum of the two individual measures. Depending on the system, it can be extended by a factor of between 1.2 and 2.5.
Duplex systems are used for design reasons, for signaling or camouflage. The coating is usually carried out under controlled conditions in a specialist company, but can still be done on site after years. Liquid and powder coatings are equally suitable for colored coatings, whereby the coating material must be matched to the galvanized substrate. The K20 worksheet of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Industriebau (AGI) defines the requirements for galvanizing and coating, and how surface pretreatment must be carried out. Information on the duplex system is available on the website of the Institute for Hot-Dip Galvanizing (see surfing tips).
Expertise on the subject
Coatings are as different and versatile as the materials of the facade structures themselves on which they ...
Hot-dip galvanized steel
Due to its stability and weather resistance, the standardized material is suitable for the substructure, fastening and cladding of curtain walls.
Corrosion and Corrosion Protection
Working with metals and metallic materials is part of everyday life in the construction industry. Therefore, knowledge on the subject ...
In addition to steel and aluminum, copper, lead, tin and zinc are mainly used in facade constructions. These mostly occur ...
- Who are from Indonesia
- What are some of the landforms of New Brunswick
- What's the strangest emotional support animal
- Which Grand Slam did Federer win the most?
- Which is the closest airport to Thekkady
- Is Jesus in the New Testament
- Which birds begin with the letter W.
- Why are FUNimation dubs considered bad
- Do snails have more babies than worms
- Why do people adopt Trump's gender
- What is good information
- What is the use of EHVAC
- The book of Revelation happens now
- Who is Daft Punk
- How is landscaping related to tree flaws?
- What are the limits for CEPT
- What makes PHP developers sad
- Are e-bikes allowed on trails?
- How is ransomware dangerous
- Do Grignard reagents have a carbanion
- What is the use of the python language
- Are you very strong physically
- Is it okay to eat insects
- Why are Pakistani militants attacking India