How many feverish convulsions are normal
Emergency in children: fever and febrile convulsions
If you have a febrile seizure, do the following:
- Especially if it is the first febrile seizure, choose the one immediately Emergency number 144.
- Place the child softly, e.g. in bed.
- Loosen clothes and protect the child from falling.
- Do not try to prevent the cramps.
- Under no circumstances should you shake or hold the child during the seizure!
- Do not put anything in your mouth, even if it bites your tongue. Tongue bites are very rare in febrile seizures and heal without any problems.
After the attack:
Check the child's awareness and breathing. Do not leave the child unattended until the emergency services arrive.
When the childis unconscious or light-headed but breathing normally:
- lay it on its side as a preventive measure.
- Shield the child from external stimuli, e.g. loud noises and light.
- Cover it up and calm it down.
When the childis unconscious and not breathing normally:
- Start resuscitation immediately! Lay the child flat on their back, gently straighten their head back andventilate it 5 times. If the child remains still, start with oneChest compressions: 30x with a frequency of100 to 120 times per minute to press. Continue this cycle until the emergency services arrive.
- More on the topic: 1x1 first aid for children
In most cases, a febrile seizure is harmless and does not require any further treatment. Nevertheless, the cause of the high rise in fever should always be clarified. Mostly viral infections are the trigger, but serious infectious diseases such as pneumonia or meningitis can also be the cause.
In 20 to 30 percent of affected children, febrile seizures occur again as part of further febrile infections. Your pediatrician may be able to prescribe emergency medication that you can administer yourself in the event of a recurrence. Nevertheless, the underlying cause should always be clarified by a doctor! After school age, febrile seizures disappear in most children.
The febrile seizure has nothing to do with epilepsy.
- Are fandoms really that bad
- Why is Na2CO3 added during iodometric titration?
- What is the best facial soap
- What was the German Democratic Republic
- What is Kolbe's reaction in alcohol
- Are you alone and happy about it
- How is internet speed controlled
- Jeffrey Dahmer was a neurotype
- How do you describe an innovative person
- Which questions can computers not answer?
- What are the features of BookStack
- What is the face value in trading
- How do you implement SD WAN
- What is integer 9 3
- Difference Between SEO and PPC
- Adds sedentary lifestyle to constipation
- Paul McCartney is very liberal
- Who is Flynn Remedios
- What are Trump's ten commandments
- Which came first Rambo or Rocky
- How many Indians use PayPal 1
- What is a peer-to-peer network
- What are signatures of life
- Why are there employees with deadweight effect
- What was Hitler's opinion on Beethoven?
- What are Quoran's favorite moments in the Super Bowl
- How can I see the google index rank
- How do I start Monero XMR mining
- Pandora makes you feel euphoric
- What is a peer-to-peer network
- Where does divorce come from before marriage
- How can I avoid an illogical argument
- Coke makes you great sex
- What is life from a biophysical point of view