There are street parades in Edmonton, Canada
Canadian city calls for raves to be banned
We have often reported that more and more raves, regardless of whether they are legal or illegal, are being held around the world and are causing a stir. Edmonton City Council has now issued a report that can be viewed online, calling for the Canadian city's business license to be changed to ban so-called "raves" or electronic music or dance parties.
The reason for such a ban are several drug-related incidents in which young people were harmed. The city sees the events as an additional and avoidable burden for the emergency services and expresses a concern about public safety. Specifically, it is about a festival in February with around 5000 people, 18 of whom had to be treated by a doctor. A spokeswoman for the Sexual Assault Center of Edmonton (SACE) also reported that the crisis hotline received significantly more calls than normal during the event. For the city council, dances and raves mean more problems and “widespread drug use”.
A local DJ commented on the demand, saying that he believes that there is no general ban on just one particular genre of music and that, as a result, a cultural part would simply be marginalized. Shelby Young, the founder of harm reduction company Indigo Harm Reduction, also said in an interview with CBC News that people will likely continue to use drugs even without raves and events and that the measure is fundamentally a wrong approach. We see that too.
You might also be interested in:
Ryanair reminds of a ban on alcohol on flights to Ibiza
Prohibited things that every raver has done before
Welsh police keep illegal 1000-man rave going on
Welsh police are cracking down on illegal raves
- Is arrogance a necessary ingredient for success
- What is 75 kW converted into PS
- What kind of content is the most profitable
- How can we make effective decisions
- Do cyst removal scars ever go away
- Who can benefit from Scrum
- Are hammer fists illegal in boxing
- What is rough jazz
- Is there an advantage to using derivatives
- How do bacteria cause tooth decay
- Why is the amplifier not an inverter circuit
- If a computer's IQ is 0
- What is the ore of an amalgam
- Can diphenhydramine be taken as a sleeping pill
- How do I uninstall Anaconda 1
- Are there transgender genders in animals
- Which celebrity has the worst luck?
- You can treat aortic aneurysms naturally
- Whose death is the creature for which he is responsible
- Are Indian cricketers getting a pension?
- What is video making
- What do doctors think of bacteriobots
- How do you learn alchemy
- How do carafes work in coffee machines
- Can statins make depression worse
- Dogs develop rabies on their own
- Why was Aragorn disguised in LOTR
- How does the electronic snake repellent work
- Christians see Mohammed as a prophet
- Is Kotlin language similar to Java
- Will Trump be indicted first or resign?
- Who owns Tesla shares
- How do I convert prepaid to postpaid
- How have you been articulated so beautifully