Refinancing your home will generally save you money
Building maintenance reserves
(rh) Anyone who owns a house or apartment must also maintain it. It does not pay off to neglect ongoing and regular building maintenance. On the contrary: On the one hand, a poorly maintained or even run-down property loses value, on the other hand damage can occur, the costs of which are much higher than the “saved” maintenance costs.
Make some reserves
Most homeowners know that they should set aside money for building maintenance. Still, not all of them do it - even though the day-to-day maintenance and ancillary expenses were part of the banks' sustainability calculations when they applied for their mortgage. The banks calculate one percent of the purchase price per year for building maintenance if the house or apartment is new or newly renovated and in perfect condition. That is 6,000 francs a year or 500 francs a month if your dream house or apartment cost 600,000 francs. This percentage is divided into ancillary costs and ongoing building maintenance (two thirds) and major purchases and renovations (one third).
An account for the reserves
The easiest way is to transfer the reserves for building maintenance every month with a standing order to a specially opened account. Then you have the money to spend and not just budget in case you need to have something repaired or replaced. In the beginning you will amass money. From the 10th year you will need it for maintenance measures (see table «Lifetime»).
As an alternative, you can pay two thirds of the reserves (short-term maintenance) into your existing account and add a third (long-term maintenance) for amortization and set aside indirectly. If there are major purchases or repairs, add the investment costs to the mortgage. You risk, however, that your bank will reject the mortgage increase or increase the amortization payments because they valued the property lower or because you earn less than when you took out the original mortgage.
- Steve Jobs was a systems engineer
- Why did Galileo consider himself a Copernican?
- Are Star Wars fans too fanatical
- Will Steelers fans take over the MetLife Stadium
- Why do DJs think they are musicians?
- Will A I make planned economies practical
- What are business plan models
- Why is methane considered a compound
- You need passport stamps
- What about men's fascination with breasts?
- There are 100x programmers
- Well worth the mountaineering
- Analog clock is better than digital
- 6K video recording is better than 4K
- Why is folic acid important in pregnancy
- What's the Most New Zealand Headline Ever
- The housing market in Vancouver is a bubble
- Should we keep circuses from entertaining animals
- How does light therapy help with psoriasis
- What is 192 168 1 1
- Is the sports culture really strong in Brazil?
- Why didn't Java support nested methods
- Does homeopathy work for constipation
- What happens if I join Vestige
- What's the weirdest thing about Marvel
- What keeps you positive
- Girls wore vests in the 1860s
- Why do politicians have such massive egos
- What makes PHP developers sad
- What is the size of a stream
- What is the goal for Islamic banking
- Are there any security studies on 5G
- What can replace sun protection