Many people visit Japan
Embassy of Japan in Germany
在 ド イ ツ 日本国 大使館
Feature - Growing up in Japan
Even a monkey
falls from the tree
(saru mo ki kara ochiru)
At the beginning of each year in Japan, life begins to get serious for all 20 year olds
- in January they celebrate the beginning of their coming of age!
This "Adult Day" (Seijin no hi) is a national holiday that was on January 15th until 1999, but since 2000 this holiday has also become mobile and has been celebrated on the 2nd Monday in January - which also gives the Japanese a long weekend.
At the age of 20 young people have the right to vote, but only now are they officially allowed to smoke and drink alcohol. In Japan, on the other hand, you can get a driver's license at the age of 18.
Solemn ceremonies are held for all 20-year-olds in the various cities and communities in which they are congratulated on their new rights and duties. Almost all of the young women wear a traditional kimono in bright, bright colors with long sleeves, the furisode, a characteristic for unmarried women. The expensive kimono is often borrowed from a specialist shop, as is common with wedding dresses, etc. It's an art in itself, a kimono and matching undergarments, a matching wide belt, the obi, and so on properly to combine, dress and tie. You can even attend extra courses for this.
Most young men, on the other hand, wear a dark suit rather than a traditional one hakama (a wide men's skirt) more.
So if you travel to Japan during this time, you can be sure to admire many young women in brightly colored kimonos!
For trips to Japan, please contact the Japanese Tourist Office in Frankfurt!
- Can you help me with search engine optimization
- Who was the babushka lady
- May be addictive to hallucinogens
- What should we stop teaching younger people?
- How do I find investors before starting
- Do you have ideas about biotechnology
- Is panipuri good for your health
- What are the most inspiring Olympic moments
- Is Israel a true democracy
- What's the best way to validate data
- What do you find hypocritical
- What is a key account manager
- How am I supposed to play a prank on my best friend
- What is the American equivalent of classy
- Online banking software is a distributed application
- How am I supposed to wear a long vest?
- How many IITians enter AFCAT
- What was the budget for Black Mirror
- HITS is good for aeronautical engineering
- How beneficial is travel
- Narcissism Why are narcissisms so personable
- Machines have emotions
- What made the University of Washington unique
- Is direct democracy possible in the USA?
- Which branch is better for it
- What is punctuation 2
- Which President started Presidents Day?
- Is your father gay
- How did I create a PHP website
- What if you stop Synthroid
- What's so great about smartphone accessories
- Where do cognitive biases come from