Cannabis seeds can be consumed by the elderly
Why hemp seeds are so healthy
Hemp seeds were already highly valued by the ancient Egyptians and Chinese and have the potential to make its breakthrough as the next superfood. Rightly so! Because the little powerhouses are really healthy. Another plus point: Hemp seeds are so versatile that you can easily integrate them into your own menu.
How healthy are hemp seeds?
The small seeds (approx. 3 mm in diameter) grow on the hemp plant and are actually small nuts. They are particularly characterized by their ingredients: Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids. The small power packs are ideally suited as a source of protein. Not only that, they also score with high levels of vitamins B1, B2 and E, calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron as well as the healthy omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Do cannabis seeds make you high?
Since hemp seeds come from plants from which the intoxicant tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) has been grown almost completely, hemp seeds do not get you high. So you don't have to worry about adding hemp seeds to your diet.
How can you prepare hemp seeds?
The easiest way is to add hemp seeds to dough and baked goods. You can also eat them with muesli or yoghurt or sprinkle them over a salad. Their slightly sweet and nutty taste goes well with many dishes. By the way, you can eat hemp seeds peeled and unpeeled.
Danger: Due to their high fat content - even if they are mainly healthy fatty acids - hemp seeds contain a relatively high number of calories: 100 g contain around 400 kcal.
Can allergy sufferers eat hemp seeds?
Even allergy sufferers can safely access hemp seeds. The small all-rounders contain neither gluten nor lactose. And allergic reactions to the hemp protein itself are also not known.
How are hemp seeds processed?
Hemp seeds are often processed into hemp oil or hemp flour. The oil is suitable as a salad oil, but not for frying as it is very sensitive to heat. With the hemp flour, 10 percent of the conventional grain flour can be replaced in baking. It is also suitable for thickening and refining sauces.
Where can I buy cannabis seeds?
You can buy hemp seeds in health food stores, natural food stores and organic supermarkets. You can also order them on the Internet, e.g. here on Amazon. The only downer: The little protein bombs are not exactly cheap: 100 grams cost around two euros.
EAT SMARTER product recommendations
MeaVita organic hemp seeds
In the 1000g package. Perfectly suited to muesli and salads or to refine bread, pastries and other dishes.
To the product on Amazon >>
- What is a JVM process
- Can the president be a product spokesperson
- Which red wines are considered dry
- How can metals be extracted
- How do you integrate Twitter and Yammer
- Is Kensington Brooklyn Safe
- Barack Obama believes in evolution
- Why do people like ballet
- What is the best Indian Political Film
- What a sea creature looks like ravioli
- What are some interesting facts about telecommunications
- What are snipers doing on duty
- Jazz music has limits
- Has Justin Bieber ever joined music class?
- How many factors does n have
- What are the hardest things to see
- How do toads eat worms
- How can I get Java for Android
- How do I stay in love
- Should I leave my girlfriend 2
- Men always masturbate
- How do I learn integration easily
- How can I prevent scabs in puppies
- What distinguishes great dance shoes