What is 0x0
Reading time: 4 min
The question of the result of “zero to the power of zero” () cannot be answered unequivocally.
Here are some considerations about this issue:
because for every number the following applies: (see also principle of permanence)
because for zero to the power of a number the result is zero:
Not defined, because both variants 1 and 2 create a contradiction, i.e. there is no uniqueness, which is problematic in mathematics. Incidentally, this will also be the reason why many pocket calculators input or output.
The answer is often found:
Use what makes sense for the math problem at hand.
It is often useful to use.
There is a variety of literature on this and, as I said, you encounter different approaches. In computer science, for example, prevailed. For fun you can test it yourself and enter 0 ^ 0 in Google.
If we write and use the power law, the result is:
It must therefore apply:
So the question arises, which number multiplied by itself results in itself? Here we can think of two numbers for which this is possible:
Solved in general:
So we see that there are two solutions with and.
Basically, however, is preferable. If we chose, new problems would arise in higher mathematics.
Approach via limit values
The consequence has the limit, there
The consequence has the limit value.
The sequence also has the limit value for each zero sequence.
The foregoing is not proof of the correctness of the definition, but shows essential cases for which applies.
goes against, even though and each time against.
Wolframalpha defines zero to the power of zero as "undefined".
- How do you deal with recurring anger
- Why does solipsism never work
- What makes Holiday 2020 the best ever
- Jaiswal is a Punjabi family name
- Have to cool rice vinegar
- Where can I find free iTunes codes
- Can someone find my location on Facebook
- How different is racism from feudalism
- Why is the Austrian economy the best system
- The smartphone really makes us smart
- What are the most creative websites
- When did people become modern?
- Which museums are free in Orlando, Florida
- What is oral thrush
- Are Wrangler Jeans still well made
- Every planet is a star
- Do politicians always speak politically
- Why are all the good artists dead
- How good is Aquaphor for treating acne
- All women have a hooded clitoris
- What is Team Snapchat's username
- What are the telemedicine websites earning
- Is semordinlap a real word
- How similar is Nepali Maithili