What are the two examples of quadrilaterals
In geometry, a square is a figure of the plane. It always has four corners and four sides. A square can still have different shapes because the sides and angles can be of different sizes. The lines that connect the opposite corners of a square are called diagonals.
If the sides or angles of a quadrilateral meet special conditions, then the quadrilaterals have specific names. There are trapezoids, parallelograms, diamonds, dragon squares, rectangles or squares. If none of these apply to a square, then it's called an irregular square.
With a trapezoid, two opposite sides are parallel and two can somehow lie, no matter how. If both pairs of sides are parallel, one speaks of a parallelogram. If both pairs of sides are parallel to each other and all sides are of the same length, then the square is called a diamond or rhombus.
If the diagonals are at right angles to each other, i.e. ninety degrees, one speaks of a dragon square. If all corners of a square are right-angled, this is called a rectangle. A rectangle with four sides of equal length is called a square.
Why is a square also a trapezoid?
There are often several names for quadrilaterals. But so that you know as exactly as possible what the square looks like, you usually take the name that best describes it.
If you have a square in front of you, then of course it is also a trapezoid: two opposite sides are parallel. The other two sides of the trapezoid can be in any position, so in special cases they can be parallel to each other. In this way you can name many quadrilaterals multiple times.
A square can therefore be viewed as a special case of a trapezoid, a parallelogram, a dragon square, a diamond (a rhombus) and a rectangle. Nevertheless one says square because that is the clearest description. The square is the most special rectangle.
A rectangle is also a parallelogram and also a trapezoid. But it is not a diamond, for example, because not all four sides are the same length. A diamond is also a parallelogram and a parallelogram is a special case of a trapezoid.
This is an irregular square.
The logo of the football club Werder Bremen uses a diamond.
Many things are in the shape of a square, like this bowl.
- Which DAW has the best stock plugins
- Will ride Jon Snow Rhaegal
- The corporate world is working on innovation
- What are Proven Marketing Tactics From Experts
- What do you think is intelligence
- Why is Windows 10 not good
- What is life and death
- How did I create a PHP website
- Is the pace good
- How do I feel socially safe
- What are the most interesting civil lawsuits
- What inspires about Kakashi Hatake
- What are your favorite street arts
- What is an oil hydraulic pump
- Should I keep learning web design
- What are brakes
- Why do Bond films never win an Oscar?
- Why don't journalists ask the right questions
- The brain is a critical system
- What is Unique about Irish Postal Codes
- What is the Albanian word for futuristic
- Why is Africa not called an island?
- Why is Madurai called Festival City
- Can IV Fluids cleanse the body medication