Why is preparing for the colonoscopy so painful?
In addition to the normal colonoscopy (also known as the "large colonoscopy"), there is the Possibility of a "small colonoscopy". The doctor only examines the rectum and a small piece of the colon. So he does not insert the colonoscope that far into the intestine, but then he cannot detect every colon cancer. A small colonoscopy is better than no colonoscopy at all. However, experts advise having the entire intestine examined for early detection of colon cancer.
There are now some alternatives to colonoscopy, but they are not (yet) as reliable. The colonoscopy is not exactly popular with many and is shameful, and sometimes it is not possible for medical reasons. Some examples of bowel examination methods that without the introduction of a colonoscope get along in the intestines:
It is done externally via computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRT). Both methods break up the intestine into "slices" and provide sectional images. The CT is an X-ray examination, the MRI works with strong magnetic fields. They are an option for people for whom a colonoscopy is medically not possible or desired.
You swallow a small capsule that houses a tiny camera. On her journey through the digestive tract, she takes countless pictures, which the doctor then evaluates. For capsule endoscopy, you must also clean your bowel with laxatives, otherwise the photos will be unclear. And: If abnormalities are discovered, a normal colonoscopy follows.
Stool test for hidden blood
As part of the statutory early detection program, there is also the option of taking your chair with you immunological tests to have blood tested for invisible blood. Because tumors in the intestine bleed more than the healthy mucous membrane, doctors can detect these tiny differences in blood in the stool.
- Women and men can take the immunological stool test between the 50 and 54 years of age have it carried out once a year.
- From 55 years A stool test period of two years applies for both sexes if you do not want to have a colonoscopy.
However, the stool test does not give as accurate results as the colonoscopy.
- What exactly is brane cosmology
- Is an oxygen gas system profitable
- What's your name in Maithili
- What are field operations
- Is quetiapine addict 1
- Are polyphenols in essential oils
- Why is camel snus related to cancer?
- How can I overcome cocaine addiction
- Narcissism Why are narcissisms so personable
- How should society punish economic crimes
- What is the stiffness factor
- What happened to Silicon Graphics
- What do you learn for the private customer business
- What are evacuation plans
- How much is data in South Africa
- What's wrong with Meghan Markle's father
- You can burn a CD from Spotify
- What do you think of School 1
- What are the best cafes in Delhi
- INTJ are good at expressing themselves
- Should I keep learning web design
- What happened in war 1
- Inexpensive weed that grows in India
- How many slots does the stator have?