Which universities offer eSports programs?
Sports journalism degree
During the sports journalism degree, you not only deal with subject-specific knowledge, but also deal with economic issues. You can also strengthen your personal and social skills in various modules. Depending on which course you choose, be it in combination with media management and marketing, the modules can vary. However, since all courses deal with the topic of sports journalism, there is of course a lot of overlap. This is how you can come across the following content:
- Media and press law
- Sports Science
- Business English
- Journalistic forms of presentation
- Live coverage in sports journalism
In addition, you have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge with the help of various specializations. The following areas, among others, come into question
Usually, students also have practical content waiting for them to prepare them for everyday working life. This can be the case in the form of sports courses or practical media exercises, whereby you can film and edit sports reports yourself. At some universities, students in higher semesters also have to complete a mandatory internship of several weeks.
Forms of study and course
The sports journalism course is currently mainly offered as a bachelor's degree. This usually lasts six semesters or longer if a semester abroad takes place. To do this, you have the opportunity to complete other relevant master’s degree programs after graduation, for example sports management or sports, media and communication research. Especially if you don't want to focus exclusively on the field of sport in the master’s program, we recommend you take a look at the master’s journalism, master communication or creative writing master.
To study sports journalism, you usually need a high school diploma. In rarer cases you have to take a sports aptitude test.
If you do not have a high school diploma, some universities offer the option of applying as a professionally qualified person. Fall into this category
- Masters and similarly qualified
- Professionally qualified persons whose professional activity and the desired degree are thematically related to their vocational training
and other professionally qualified persons through participation in an entrance examination.
At the only state university where you can study sports journalism, you also have to complete an NC. This changes from semester to semester and can therefore not be determined in advance - but you can still look at the average values of past semesters to get an impression of the requirements.
|University||semester||NC||Admission after waiting semester (+ grade)|
|German sport university||WS 2019/20||2,3||4 (2,6)|
|German sport university||WS 2018/19||2,2||4|
|German sports university||WS 2016/17||2,3||6|
In Germany, the private universities where sports journalism can be studied are clearly in the majority. The admission procedure looks a little different here, because instead of an NC you have to pass a selection procedure.
You should also make sure that you meet the deadlines of the respective universities. These usually end on July 15 for the winter semester and January 15 for the summer semester. However, some universities do not even offer the course for both semesters - you should inform yourself in good time and apply as early as possible if you are interested. You can usually apply to private universities all year round. However, since confirmations often depend on the order in which the applications are submitted, it is worthwhile to send the application in good time.
The sports journalism degree is especially suitable for you if you are passionate about sports and communication is not a problem for you. A certain eloquence and resistance to stress are also an advantage in order to get off to a successful start in your studies.
As already mentioned, a wide variety of professional fields await you after studying sports journalism. Whether you want to stand in front of the camera or prefer to write texts behind the scenes, the choice is relatively large. So you can gain a foothold in the following areas:
- Online editorial offices
- Publishers (print and online)
- PR departments
- Sport and Travel
- Sports coverage
If you decide on a course that focuses on sports management and sports marketing, the corresponding doors are of course also open to you in these areas. You can expect numerous tasks as a sports manager or a position in marketing and public relations for clubs.
The salary of a sports journalist depends on several factors. Not only do your qualifications play a role, but also the industry and the size of the company in which you work. On average, sports journalists in Germany earn around 1950 euros gross per month. You can find out more about salaries in the media industry in our guide.
- What is hyperdensity in the brain
- What is Newton's law of viscosity
- How can people understand their prejudices
- Why didn't Java support nested methods
- What is a consolidated balance sheet
- What is the 11th dimension
- Is biochemistry a competitive major
- Has Quora started monetizing with ads
- Who are the investors behind Swoopo
- What is a uniform cost search
- Which philosophical views do you find ridiculous
- Skepticism Any kind of belief is dangerous
- How are women treated differently during menstruation?
- Did the Apollo astronauts wear suicide pills
- Permeable concrete is used in India
- What material is used for filling
- What do you find hypocritical
- Are polyphenols in essential oils
- How is horticulture related to agriculture?
- Dharamshala is a hill station
- What are the cost of electricity in Ireland
- How do credit bureaus make money
- Maehdecks are interchangeable
- What is the best Indian Political Film