Which law firm won against Amazon
Another class action lawsuit against Amazon
The lawsuit, filed by Hagens Berman law firm on Jan. 14, followed an article in the Wall Street Journal. He revealed that Connecticut is under investigation for possible anti-competitive behavior in the e-book market against Amazon. The Seattle-based law firm started similar proceedings against Apple in 2011 and won.
Although the big five American publishers Hachette, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Simon & Schuster and Penguin Random House are also accused of complicity, the lawsuit is directed exclusively against Amazon. It is a plan to use various forms of a “Most Favored Nations” clause in order to suppress price competition and to keep e-book prices artificially high.
"Amazon's agreement with the co-conspirators is an unreasonable barrier to trade that prevents competitive pricing and causes plaintiffs and other consumers to overpay when buying e-books from the Big Five through an e-book retailer that competes with Amazon This damage continues and will not diminish unless Amazon and the Big Five stop, ”the lawsuit said.
The lawsuit demands, among other things, financial compensation for consumers who have bought e-books through Amazon's competitors, damages and an injunction requiring Amazon and the publishers to stop enforcing anti-competitive price restrictions.
Amazon and the accused publishers have not yet commented, as the industry magazine Publishers Weekly reports.
Publishers upset by Amazon
- Are the Incas kidding or not
- How can I prepare for the AFCAT interview
- Where did the first fair happen?
- What is a central power plant
- What are the Reliance Jio GigaFiber broadband plans
- Is it right that you came here
- How do I behave royally
- What are the advantages of VDI
- What makes a city neighborhood hipster
- What are some modern uses of cybernetics
- Sarah Palin will miss John McCain
- What types of beetles eat wood
- What reforms do Muslim countries need
- What is the smoke point of gasoline
- Is a ceramic coating beneficial on automobiles
- Which Twitch streamer has the most subs
- How would you describe emo music
- Has a different kind of language
- What is the InboxDollars app
- Can someone tell tricks on bet365
- Is desire com legitimate
- How to Learn PPC Online
- What will help in growing your hair
- What do ants eat
- Is there an auditorium in COMSATS Islamabad
- What were Indira Gandhi's main achievements
- What incident melted your heart
- Why did you stop playing tournament chess?
- How was oil created
- Why was Aragorn disguised in LOTR
- Why does this sentence use hits
- What is Distribution Law and Associative Law
- Why do some LinkedIn posts have followers
- Who is Lil Uzi Vert