To ask or not to ask
Interview: Prohibited Questions
There are some questions that an employer is not allowed to ask an applicant. But as always in life, there are of course exceptions to the rule for such “forbidden questions”.
This question is generally inadmissible, as an applicant must not be disadvantaged compared to an applicant.
Desire for children in women
This question is discriminatory and therefore inadmissible. You are also not allowed to ask about the number of children or marriage plans you want.
Religious affiliation, political orientation
The question of party, religion or trade union membership is inadmissible. At most, the employee applies to a so-called trend employer, such as a church, party or trade union. Then the question is allowed.
If it is relevant to the workplace, this question may be asked. For example when it comes to the position of a cashier and the applicant has a criminal record for property offenses. Otherwise the question is inadmissible. If previous convictions have been deleted from the register, the applicant may answer the question about previous convictions in the negative.
Criminal record certificate
An employer may not generally ask for a certificate of good conduct, because it may contain more information than the employer is entitled to learn from a legitimate interest. But there is no rule without exception: the public service or security services, for example, may demand police clearance certificates from the applicant.
If it is a job that creates a special relationship of trust, the question may be asked. For example, if the applicant had assets on the spot. In all other cases the question is inadmissible.
The question may only be asked if it is relevant to the employment relationship. An example would be an infectious disease among medical or nursing staff. The question of previous - cured - illnesses is generally inadmissible.
Partnership, family relationships
Questions about the partner or his activity are not permitted. The same applies to the professions of siblings or parents.
Find your next employee with Monster by your side today
No matter what the economic situation, it is always a challenge to find the right candidate with the right skills. What if you could make your efforts more efficient with the help of a trusted recruiter by your side? Monster is by your side. With our extensive database of potential candidates and all the information you need to make the right choice, Monster is ready to take your business to the next level. Take advantage of our special offers and post your job advertisement today.
(Michael Vogel / Image: Light Impression, Fotolia.com)
- How can I prevent spam bots
- What is the postcode of Isabela
- Commercial aquaponics can be a viable business
- How does a child know their name?
- What is the stiffness factor
- What is a common unnecessary operation
- How do you say remove in Indonesian
- Job offers for sound engineering
- Foerdert Times Internet startups and companies
- Why did you study STEM at Yale
- Where can I park overnight near MIT
- Why is the third normal form important
- How do nurses deal with emotional attachment
- How does science deal with uncertainty
- Which layer does the routing
- What are ghostwriting jobs
- What would you say before you die
- Air conditioning can cause an asthma attack
- What is SSBCrack
- How do you donate to NPR
- What is Lorentz Kraft
- What is mica
- What is the philosophical meaning of literature
- My dog hates helping me