How does a frog inhale water
Skin breathing: Frogs breathe through their skin
Frogs are fascinating in many ways. A specialty of the animals is undoubtedly the interesting frog skin. Whether it is skin breathing, protective mantle or poison secretion - the skin of amphibians is a miracle of nature and the most important organ of the frogs.
Frog skin is a real magic skin
There are frogs in almost all parts of the world. In the course of their evolutionary history, the adaptable animals have conquered different habitats. One of the most important tools was and is the frog skin with its versatile functions. The largest organ in animals comes in countless shapes, colors and variations.
Some specimens have bright green or squeaky red warning colors, with which predators are to be symbolized danger; others use their skin for camouflage and visually merge with their surroundings. But frog skin not only simulates danger, it can also be really dangerous - species like the cane toad, for example, but also emits a poisonous secretion through their skin that animals like dogs or cats can even die of.
Skin breathing: This is how frogs breathe
A characteristic of the frog's skin that is characteristic of amphibians is the ability to breathe through the skin. Frogs are actually lung breathers. But it is the skin respiration that is of greater importance for the frogs. Since frogs have no gills but can still stay underwater for a long time, scientists found that the animals can take in oxygen through their skin.
The very thin skin of the frogs, which is permeated with many blood vessels, can absorb oxygen directly from the water and allow it to pass into the blood - this is how the frog breathes over the body surface. It is important for frogs that the skin is always kept moist - dryness and too much exposure to the sun dry out the sensitive skin and become impermeable to air. Because of this, many amphibians are nocturnal.
- How do I install VirtualBox
- What dishes are there in Florida
- What are loose tools in accounting
- How much is Kia Telluride
- What is Ca OH 2
- How HCL becomes such a big company
- What is the definition of phospholipid bilayer
- People invented emotions
- What is Salesforce DX
- All newspapers are now digital
- What piece of literature has changed your life?
- What makes a good email signature
- What is your opinion on Porsche cars
- Why 100 percentiles are not possible
- Is Ripple really separated from XRP
- Can vampires drink demon blood
- What is Bundesliga
- Is god wrong
- Portable voice translators are becoming popular
- Are Ayn Rand books considered hipster material
- How easily can a narcissist be identified?
- Why do people like ballet
- Why are ferrets illegal in NYC
- Is natural sugar bad for you