Schools should be using Chromebooks
At home in the classroom
Chromebooks make teaching and learning easy without facing technological challenges. Chromebooks start up in eight seconds and are ready to use right out of the box. This avoids downtime that occurs when traditional computers are started and connected to a network. Thanks to long battery life, Chromebooks can be used for a full day without even having to be charged once. With built-in WiFi and 3G, Chromebooks can connect to the Internet at any time, so schoolchildren and students can continue working at home. Applications, work, and settings are stored in the cloud so that multiple students can use the same Chromebook and still find their own settings when they sign in. Best of all, no special training is required: if you know how to use a web browser, then you can use a Chromebook, too.
Easy to manage
With just a few clicks, administrators can change or update settings for multiple Chromebooks, introducing or removing web apps and enforcing safe browsing policies for all users. Seamless updates keep the operating system and applications current, so Chromebooks keep improving and getting faster over time. This means that annoying data backups, security patches, data migrations or re-imaging are not necessary. Chromebooks run Google's Chrome, the first general-purpose operating system designed to protect against persistent virus and malware threats. Computers, users and networks are better protected even without manual system maintenance.
All for just 15 euros per month
Chromebooks for Education, which are available from 15 euros per user per month, include the hardware and operating system, updates, management in the cloud and comprehensive support. Everything is provided directly by Google. One-stop support from Google also avoids annoying, time-consuming maintenance tasks such as imaging, installing patches and restoring data. This allows IT teams to focus on supporting much larger deployments. And since schools no longer need to purchase licenses, servers, security solutions and maintenance plans, the total cost of a Chromebook is up to 70% less than the cost of a traditional PC. After three years, schools will receive new Chromebooks free of charge and can keep the ones they have used previously (without cloud management). The school can then make these available to pupils, students, parents, libraries, or any other person or institution.
All training offers from the web
Chromebooks are designed for the web and have been optimized accordingly. This means Chromebooks have seamless access to core Google Apps core applications, free for schools, with productivity and collaboration tools, as well as applications available in the Google Chrome Web Store and Google App Marketplace, and content across the web. Chromebooks can even run Flash tools for classroom content.
- Which instant messaging apps are popular
- How do histones condense DNA
- Should a senior move to Southern California
- Where can I park overnight near MIT
- What is meant by industrial management
- Are you Pro Trump or American
- What is a HoloLens headset
- What are ionic substances
- Why is a hypothesis useful
- Is Donald Trump an introvert
- Does JBIMS accept the CMAT 2020 result
- Should I choose IPM or SSCBS
- What is Zigler Natta Catalyst 1
- Why will there be a hard Brexit
- What are the biggest barrages in India
- Did you study Vidyapeeth in Bharati?
- What is your salvation testimony
- Who built C 3PO
- What are your favorite BTS memorabilia
- How is chemical engineering at NIT Bhopal
- Can replace food drugs
- What is an underground cable fault
- Why does GitHub use the word fork
- Are there ideas for company founders
- What is the best monthly income investment
- Why are most stand-up comedians cynical
- What does the porosity of the team refer to?
- Cheap guitars are worth collecting
- Is humanity an elementary force of nature
- Who will be coming Akshay Kumar
- Why do we fly kites in Uttarayan
- The Beach Boys were good singers
- How is convection current generated
- Why are parenchyma simple cells