Which are the Indian cyber security companies
Hackers attack Indian companies 3 times more than the global average
Indian companies are three times more likely to be exposed to cyber attacks than the global average, according to a report by Check Point Research.
The Israel-based cybersecurity firm writes that a single unnamed Indian company was attacked a whopping 1,565 times per week, compared with 474 attacks per company worldwide in the past six months.
275 million records have been leaked
According to the report, one of the largest malicious attacks was the Kundankulam Nuclear Power Plant, which is the largest nuclear power plant in India.
As early as May 2019, malware for data extraction hit the facility's external network, an "unprotected MongoDB database" that revealed over 275 million records from Indian users.
The database contained people's personal information such as names, emails, cell phone numbers, and more. Experts have linked the attack to the North Korean group Lazarus and cited the report.
The report also mentions the malicious crypto mining software "XMRig" as the biggest culprit against the Indian companies, which affects 17% of all Indian organizations affected.
In fact, the cybersecurity firm found that the number of crypto mining attacks is increasing worldwide, despite the fact that the cryptocurrency has depreciated over the past year. Crypto miners attacked over 38% of companies, compared to 37% in 2018.
The study also finds that botnet activity has increased by over 50% since 2018 and Emotnet has been used primarily for DDoS attacks and other means of stealing personal data.
To avoid such attacks, the study recommends that companies should be proactive rather than simply relying on third-party security products.
- Can Nike tennis shoes be washed?
- Are psychopaths personally attractive
- There are schools for airbrush training
- Who were the marathas
- Do you like Black Ops 4
- Can rabbits eat oats
- Appeals can be made against impeachment
- Do you like Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
- What is the hash function in Java
- Liquid carbon can kill you
- What is a common unnecessary operation
- How is the typical vacation in Indonesia
- Law falls into the social sciences
- How was Jesus' childhood
- Can Joker be arrested in real life
- Which is the best studio microphone for vocals?
- Why are policemen allowed to swing firearms
- What are some popular Polish books
- What are some interesting facts about Jesus
- What time is it now 2
- Is digital marketing social media
- Which animal goes with plants
- How should I prepare for technical math?
- What are the advantages of a laptop